Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV Plus Box is done, finished, not working :(

4 REPLIES 4
Hammertime
Wise Owl

F.A.O of possibly @OCE_Karl or any OCE staff.

I have a TalkTalk TV Plus Box (the one that records) and just tonight (Thursday 22nd Nov 2018) it's practically stopped working all together (worked perfect until now too :sadtears:)

My opinion for what it's worth is this, it seems to be a fault with the internal side of the HDMI port inside the box maybe ? as when I was trying to watch a couple of catchup tv programmes and also normal Live Tv on it it kept jumping on and off the HDMI channel nearly continuously and then the programmes would just stop playing altogether and I would then have black screen.

I thought to myself, oh !, that's simply a loose HDMI cable but nope, I unplugged both ends and blew on them etc to make sure no dirt or dust was causing the problem and still the problem persisted.

So, I took it another step, I tested the same HDMI cable with another device altogether (not a talktalk box) and the cable was/is fine using another device, therefor the cable is fine.

So just to make sure I then tested the TalkTalk TV Plus Box with a few different spare HDMI cables I have and it was doing exactly the same thing with them all, I even tried it in different HDMI ports on the tv and same thing happened.

To me it's as if there is a fault possibly inside the box that relates to the HDMI connection, has to be, can't be anything else, I tried everything else including factory reset etc etc, done all the troubleshooting tips quoted on the forum, still no help :scream:, nothing helped, box has seen it's day I think 😞 

So what do I do now please ?

Router TalkTalk HG635 - Firmware v1.06t on Large speed boost 76/20- unlimited phone boost - TalkTalk YouView Plus Tv Box
Hammertime
Wise Owl

Still trying, this would fry your brain :fist:, it starts as if it's going to be ok and then black screen with no sound, I meant to add that it also has the latest software update installed too, that's another thing that was already done beforehand etc.

Router TalkTalk HG635 - Firmware v1.06t on Large speed boost 76/20- unlimited phone boost - TalkTalk YouView Plus Tv Box
Community Team

Hi Hammertime

I'll get this swapped out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Hammertime
Wise Owl

Thank you very much @OCE_Karl, that's great :thumbsup: Please remember though that it's a Plus box I have, the recording one, you probably got that already from my post I suppose.

Do you know what courier company will be used and what the tracking number is please ? (send in private message obviously if you have a tracking number). 

If it's just standard normal non tracked royal mail just let me know too please eh ?

(it's just that I like to know who to expect at my door, and when etc if it's been tracked that is, tracking helps a lot).

Community Team

Hi

A plus box is on the way.

The courier is UK Mail.

Delivery due this afternoon.

I'll PM you the tracking info.

Karl.