Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV Remote - Delete/Subtitle Button not working

6 REPLIES 6
samarkus
Team Player

Moening - my TalkTalk TV remote control works in all respects other than for this one Delete/Subtitles button. It communicates with the box,changes channels etc and does exactly as one would expect. All buttons apart from the Delete button result in the red remote light showing - when pressing the Delete button though, the red light doesn't come on, and no action results.

This means it's difficult to delete recordings - we can get round this by using the arrow keys and selecting the delete option, but it would be helpful to have it fixed - something which I think can only be accomplished by replacement. Would it be possible to get one sent out please?

Incidentally, I rang Talktalk about this yesterday, and was told to leave my mobile number. I then had to go through an interminable text conversation with someone who didn't seem to understand that the remote did work, it was just the one button that didn't. Wasn't helpful. Hoping for a little more sense here.

Many thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @samarkus

I've asked the TalkTalk Community Team to get you a new remote control which I'm sure they'll be able to arrange if you're an active TV Boost subscriber. 

The TalkTalk accessories store has replacement V4 remote controls for only £6.99 plus £4.95 postage and will get one to you in 2-3 days if you aren't a TV Boost subscriber or aren't on a TV legacy plan.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

samarkus
Team Player

Hi Gondola and thank you for your speedy reply. I have a Talktalk TV box as part of my standard monthly fibre contract with Talktalk. I don't have any other boosts I think, that I know of. However, in order to control the TV box effectively, a fully functional remote is needed and as Talktalk supply the box which still works, I'm assuming that they'll be happy to replace the remote which has partially failed. As this is not of our doing, I'm not expecting to have to buy another remote control.

Thanks again for your reply.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @samarkus

Here's the TV Boosts guide

TalkTalk provide and maintain a TV Box to be able to receive one or more TV Boosts from your Broadband connection. If you're a legacy customer you may have the TV Starter Boost of 6 Sky channels otherwise to be a TV customer you'll need to be subscribing to a TV Boost like the Entertainment Boost, for example.

If you've ceased to take any TV Boost it's easy to pick up again direct from your TV Box or in MyAccount.  All Boosts are on just one month minimum contract. 

TalkTalk will be able to see from your account if you're still a TV subscriber (or if the TV Box and remote are under 1 year old) and if so, no worries.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi samarkus

A replacement remote is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

samarkus
Team Player

Excellent, thank you so much Karl. 

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

No Problem 🙂

Glad to help.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE