Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:
Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.Search now
Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.Try now
Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.Register now
Could you at least offer an improved box as the current one is extremely slow and almost unusable at times. I realise that you are a budget provider and have to keep costs down but it's been out for a number of years and it must be possible to improve things by now, Take a look at some of the streaming sticks or low end tablets - they really don't cost that much but you can get iPlayer up in second or so.
I would like to see a Tv programmer where you can set the programs you want to watch beforehand which would come on in order even to include recorded programs.
As others have already said:-
- Boosts in HD
- Record more than 1 boost channel at a time
- All subscribed channels available in the TV2go app
Now TV to include Sports Pass option. An alternative to signing up to Sky Sports.
NOW TV already includes Sky Sports options and has nothing to do with TalkTalk TV.
NOW TV isn't a feature of TalkTalk TV, it is in independent third-party service on YouView, like Netflix. The YouView version only provides Sky Cinema On Demand. So apologies, we were somewhat at cross purposes I think.
The ability to play media from local sources, e.g media servers, nas etc. That would be v useful and easily do-able.
some really good ideas on this thread.
It would be great if when a reminder is set, the channel changes rather than having to record it for this to happen. I often forget that I have set reminder, miss the reminder whilst going to the loo or getting a drink, so missing the beginning of show.
- Discovery channels back
- HD boost channels plus extra channels via IPTV such as some of the +1s and HDs of the main channels
- Simulcast the DTT channels via IPTV for all customers (gives more watch/record options, also not everyone has good DTT reception)
- Multicast boost channels (record one while watching another)
- Multiroom option
- Easy way of changing which box receives boost channels if you don't have multiroom
- Keep boost channel recordings even if you stop subscribing to boost (I don't think this is as much of a rights issue as is made out - after all there are people who record onto DVD from AV SCART)
- Allow archiving of recordings via the two USB sockets onto a portable hard drive in a format playable on a PC (what are they there for otherwise?)
- Manual timer recording option for every EPG entry with user-specified buffer time lengths
- Allow access to channels in the 200s on the EPG
- Rewinding boost channels is awkward - specify time intervals and/or rewind frame-by-frame like the DTT channels
- One-touch button to go back to real time when watching delayed TV - shouldn't have to fast-forward all the way
- Accelerated rewinding the longer you press the button, and accelerated FF of delayed TV
- Accelerated rewinding and fast-forwarding of recordings the longer you press the button
- 'Seek to' time function for recordings (shouldn't have to fast forward for ages)
- Don't make me press 'OK' to get into all the menus - take me straight there
- Proper full EPG descriptions and years for films
- Subtitles and AD are needed for boost channels
- Allow 'back' button to be used to go to previously-watched channel
- Should be able to access saved recordings with fewer clicks
- Box should wake up more quickly even from power saver mode
- Set recordings from phone
- Eventually a 4K and wireless STB would be nice
- Stop making it seem the recording box is tied to having the Entertainment Boost for 18 months on the new plans when in reality you can remove the boost after one month (thus paying only £6 extra to get the recording box). No one wants a non-recording box nowadays anyway and it's (deliberately?) misleading.
- And please can you confirm that TalkTalk haven't removed the boost channels from the EPG in the recent update - if so that's a major backwards step and I will do my best not to update until it's fixed.
A few suggestions (some repeats):
1) add Amazon Player
2) add YouTube Player
3) Have FreeView channels available as internet channels. There are a few benefits to this:
- Viewers in areas with only PSB multiplexes woould be able to access channels on commercial multiplexes
- It would mitigate any signal loss in areas of weak or poor signal
- It would allow viewers to see all PSB & commercial multiplex channels, even if outside of their local area
4) I'd like to see some European channels available as boosts (RTL, Sat1, etc.)
5) Multi-room access
6) Ability to renumber / reorder channels
7) Ability to unhide selected channels (not blanket restore)
8) Remove mandatory Sky Cinema pre-watershed PIN (see my other post)