Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:
Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.Search now
Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.Try now
Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.Register now
What about including TV and film reviews/ratings within TalkTalk Player in a similar way to Plex? I often find myself looking at reviews on iTunes/IMDB prior to purchasing any Movies TalkTalk have to offer.
Also, after mentioning Plex, adding that App to our YouView boxes would be incredible.
To add to my previous suggestions:
- We still don't seem to be able to record three channels at a time (two DTT/aerial channels and one IPTV/boost channel). I don't see why this is not possible as it is possible to watch one and record two others. It should also be possible to record three channels and watch one of them or a previous recording at the same time.
- Multicast IPTV channels would be good, to increase watch/record options. It already seems to be possible to record a boost channel while watching something on CatchUp, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to stream more than one boost channel at once.
- Chasing a programme from a recording almost works, but not quite. You can fast forward the recording almost up to live, but at some point you get a 'The playback of your recording has ended' message and have to start again, but you never know quite when this will be. It should be possible to chase from a recording up to live (up to the latest frame recorded) and watch from there without the playback ending.
- Speaking of 'The playback of your recording has ended' message, I don't see why this has to prevent rewind of the recording and the only thing you can do is press OK to go back to the list of recordings. Obviously it is a good idea to be able to do that, but as you have to press OK, surely you could have the option where if you don't press OK, you can rewind from the end point of the recording?
- Without a mouse/touchpad it's harder to have a proper 'seek to' function for delayed TV and recordings while being played back, but there may be ways of implementing, e.g. press FF/RW then quickly OK button to bring up time bar, channel/recording pauses, hold left circle button or right circle button to seek, the longer you hold it the quicker the bar progresses, let it go and channel/recording plays from that point.
- There should be a way of selecting to go back to live from delayed TV without seeking or fast-forwarding - maybe a menu option appears on the screen when you're fast-forwarding or seeking: 'press OK to exit delayed TV'?
- There is a 'seek to' function for recordings but only when they are not being played back, and it only goes in one-minute intervals no matter how long you press the FF/RW button. Maybe this could be improved with hold-to-accelerate?
- Also it's kind of awkward when you want to start a currently-playing recording from the beginning, to have to press 'STOP', then the 'skip back scene' button - I didn't even know this was possible until I fiddled around with it. Would double tap or hold 'STOP' be more intuitive perhaps?
- Frame-by-frame FF/RW for boost channels/recordings would definitely be an improvement, and maybe accelerated FF/RW the longer you press the button, rather than only by pressing multiple times (which only works for aerial channels)? At the moment for boost channels the 'skip scene' buttons and the FF/RW buttons seems to do the same thing - i.e. skip forward or back 15 seconds, and there's no speed selector at all.
- I would also like to get to list of recordings with fewer button presses, but I'm not sure quite how this would be possible as it's also useful to have them under the same menu as the list of scheduled recordings. Could a sub-menu also be created there for a list of reminders?
What i would like see is
when you click on information button it tell you when the same program / film is next on i.e. Next hour / in a few days
what age someone should be watching the film in i button
Yes a HD boost would be great. Similar to that of, dare I say, BT and Plusnet. I understand the Sky channels including Sky 1, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema may not be an option as Sky probably wouldnt do a deal with TalkTalk... but certainly other entertainment channels like Comedy Central, Good Food, W, MTV, Nat Geo etc. I'd pay another £3 or £5 for that as a boost.
How about more On Demand content? Such as box sets? When TalkTalk TV first came out, we had loads and now theres hardly any. We had Warner TV OD, ABC OD, Sony OD just to name a few. I notice Good Food OD has disapeared recently. You need to compete with Sky and Virgin by offering box sets.
Record full program midway. File is there under the pause rewind function.
Speed up the interface.
Backup to SD or USB drive
More HD content
Ability to re-map channels so for example BBC1 HD is on Channel 1
I seem to have been selected to be given the new pictorial system of TV guide etc. I really wish they had left well alone. I don't even seem to have a choice of going back to the list of recordings. It was always a pain that TalkTalk shows the newest episode of a series first, so you have to go back through the unwatched episodes to be able to watch them chronologically. That was not too bad when it was a list - but now? Horrendous. I have 20-odd episodes of one series to catch up on. I plough back through nineteen pictures, watch the oldest one, press Backup and am transported to live TV! Can only delete it by going back through 19 pictures again. It's rubbish! How much time and money did it take to provide such an inferior service? I shall not be renewing my subscription when it expires. You want to know how to improve the service? Easy. Don't fix it if it isn't broke!
I'm interested in hearing your ideas to make our TV service even better.
I'm not looking for issues or things you think are faults, I'm looking for genuine ideas that would improve the service, a sort of wish list if you will.
This can be additions to the Set top Box, Boosts, TV2GO App etc etc.
I'll start the ball rolling. I'd like to see a You Tube app in the players section. I've been watching a lot of 'Bad Driving' videos on youtube lately and would love to be able to watch these on the TV via the box.
I'd really like to hear your Ideas,so please, if you have a suggestion for something that can make the service even better, please let me know :)
Hi Karl , could also be possible to get sky movies in hd as a different boost to !
@fre55die You can only get dual internet recording on BT if you are a fibre customer. You can only get BT 4K services if you have a minimum speed of 44 meg. Sky Q and Virgin Media are not directly comparable services as they use different technology. So there are choices out there.
Why are you asking me? :smileywink:
Seriously, I imagine it will come at some stage. But bear in mind the issues people have generally with multicast TV you can only imagine them becoming greater as the service standard becomes more demanding. Having said that, we are very much constrained by the 19th century infrastructure over which Openreach expect to enable and deliver a 21st century product.
No worries, but at present TalkTalk and BT clearly have quite distinct and different TV marketing strategies. Me? I'll put up with Sky Sports in SD for the time being if I can contunue to get it at a fraction of the price of other providers and without having to pay for a load of junk I don't want. It is all choices at the end of the day.
''I heard it somewhere to compete with the multiple recordings offered by Sky and Virgin.''
Well wherever you heard it from and whoever said it was talking rubbish. Firstly, T4000s stand apart from all other YouViews and are so far technologically advanced, not even a Q or V6 can touch them.
Secondly, YouView is in competition with no one. It is aimed at the Freeview market, for users who want Freeview plus a little bit extra, exactly the way Dido Harding always describes TT TV. And thats on a budget.
Its one channel IP recording and its going to stay that way for a multitude of commercial reasons. There is also no HD, again for a multitude of commercial reasons.
Your with a budget TV provider, fre55die, as are all YouView users on all platforms, with the exception of UHD BT users, who offer Ultra HD at 44Mps. But BTs standard service? Thats budget TV too. And YouView was always aimed to be that way. Its doing a good job too, from what I can see, with plenty more to come! :)