cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TalkTalk TV - Share Your Ideas!

Visionman
Wizz Kid

Gondola wrote:

Hi @hawkeye1

The Sky Q remote has a hidden black button, currently inactive, but will be used to activate voice commands when the feature launches at an unspecified time.

So, speech activated remote controls in a mainstream market are closer than I thought.

Whilst it won't talk to YouView at this time, I have a voice activated remote on a Sony YouView 4K TV and its pretty neat. Its just a pity its made out of plastic tack. 

Image result for sony tv voice remote

justSteve
Chat Champion

I would like the ability to scroll quicker to the right through the programme guide.  If it's 7am when I want to set a program to record at 11pm, it's a long way to scroll using the arrow key before I get to 11pm.  On my old Humax box, it was possible to use the fast forward button on the remote to get there in bigger chunks.  I know the FF button on the TT remote is used to go to the next day, but what about the other buttons?  ---->|

Also, with the new version of the software, I seem to have lost the ability to go to a specific time in a recording by entering the time whilst the recording is paused.  So if a recording is 2hrs long and I want to go to the 1hr45m mark, I have to either fast forward or jump through the recording from the start.  Or am I missing something?

Thanks

fr8ys
Community Star

It's on the todo list by YouView and is frustrating and one that I too miss.

justSteve wrote:

Also, with the new version of the software, I seem to have lost the ability to go to a specific time in a recording by entering the time whilst the recording is paused.  So if a recording is 2hrs long and I want to go to the 1hr45m mark, I have to either fast forward or jump through the recording from the start.  Or am I missing something?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
scruffygit
Team Player

Please bring back the sort and list function on recorded programmes. Get rid of the new awful, cluttered unsortable display with the pictures. Just an A to Z list of all recorded programmes was so much more straight forward.

k1rl-jones
First Timer

HD Channels All the way ....why does talktalk not offer these yet?

lachyweb
Conversation Starter
Definitely needs Prime!
lachyweb
________
Visionman
Wizz Kid

k1rl-jones wrote:

HD Channels All the way ....why does talktalk not offer these yet?

Because hardly anyone would watch them.

prescol
Enlightened One

I can't see or hear any difference with HD channels. Quite a few people who I know can't either.

It would be a good idea if we can pick the Boost  channels instead of buying a package .    The boost channels could be priced at  50p each  or cheaper.  TalkTalk could use the  boost packages as offers.   Picking and choose  your own TV channels  scheme would be something complete difference to the other networks 

I'm no expert, i'm just a guy!
Visionman
Wizz Kid

prescol wrote:

It would be a good idea if we can pick the Boost channels instead of buying a package. 

Thats never going to happen either, as doing so wouldn't be commercially viable (as in loss making).

justSteve
Chat Champion

When you finish watching one of a series of recordings now and press back to come out of it with the aim of deleting it, you're taken back to the panel showing all recordings, which means you then have to go into the series of recordings again and scroll all the way to the left in order to delete the episode just watched. 

It would be far better to be left in the series of recordings, positioned on the episode jest watched, don't you agree?

AlanPattle
Popular Poster

I reported this issue to the testing team ages ago. But so far there has been no change.

nick123
Wizz Kid

all i would like to see and many others is multi room sorry if this as been covered 

red-ed
Wizz Kid
yes
stevebrum74
Wizz Kid

i think ive mentioned this but not sure.

Maybe a couple of sport channels, maybe Eurosport 1&2

Motorsport.tv (used to be on freeview and iptv)

Multiroom!

possibility of recording two iptv channels.

Maybe a new version of youview looking like the sky+HD menus, ok they arent flashy but they make everything easy to find. (When skyQ launched everyone griped about icons everywhere and loads of silly button presses to get what you want)

Mulgie
First Timer

I second this feature request please as it would be great to have On Demand playback for channels like Fox, Alibi and W.  This would go some way as compensating for the lack of +1 Boost Channels/inabilty to view/record more than a single Boost channel at once.

prescol
Enlightened One

We have lost a very useful feature. Previously when you pressed information you had settings Record and record it HD. But the one I miss the most is, other episodes available. Please can we have that feature back. As a visually impaired person I found that feature very very useful .

Prescol

I'm no expert, i'm just a guy!
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @prescol

'Other episodes' is a feature of the companion TV Planner app for a smartphone. I think it's a very useful feature to help in scheduling future recordings.

Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer *
StephenF
Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

Firstly thanks for all your suggestion and ideas, I'm going to lock this discuss now and ask that any future suggestions or ideas you post in our new Your Ideas section of the community.

We've already moved some of your suggestions over and we'll do our best to move the rest over however it's gonna take some time but feel free to re-post any ideas, just make sure you search first :)