Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV changes

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@ferguson I know you have been doing a great job in explaining the new charge on various posts which I have been keeping my eye on but I wondered what your take is on the details below (in bold), or am I misreading it?

Our Fixed Price Plans

Fixed Price Plans refer to Fast Broadband; Faster Fibre and Faster 150 Fibre plans. These Fixed Price Plans will have no price increases on the monthly charges during the minimum contract period (this does not include Boosts or other charges, such as movies, calls or calling features). Fixed Price Plans are available to new and existing TalkTalk customers. Existing customers need to sign a new contract to be eligible and will be subject to the Terms for Existing Customer. We may need to arrange an engineer to set you up; we will contact you if that's the case. Price includes: line rental charges; unlimited calls between TalkTalk landlines up to 180 minutes; anti-virus protection for one device; and access to TalkTalk TV Store (with on-demand movies and TV content), Netflix and BT Sport (all available at an additional cost to your package). Unless you take a separate Calling Boost, all calls are charged at the standard rate of 13.5p/min (15p from 01/08/2018) for UK Landlines. Calls to 084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers will have an access charge of 10.5p per minute (12.5p from 01/08/2018). All other chargeable calls subject to 20p connection fee. Prices correct as at 9/4/2018. See our full terms and conditions. Packages are subject to certain conditions and we need you to pay by Direct Debit (our full Terms and Conditions have all the info).

Ready to learn something new today
Highlighted
Community Star

@Funky-Gibbons Thank you for your kind words, it's been fun hasn't it?? 🙂

You question raises a separate point so I have moved it to its own topic and flagged it up for the support team.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@ferguson your welcome

I realized as soon as I posted it that I really should have started my own topic, it does raise a question though doesn't it?

Highlighted
Community Star

It does indeed and thanks for raising it. 

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Funky-Gibbons

I've noticed that the TalkTalk Terms and Conditions aren't correctly linked to the current version. The sales page is linking to a version dated 10 Jan 2018 whereas the current version is 13 Dec 2018.  There have been changes and particularly to the ownership of router and TV equipment provided by TalkTalk.  So, I'll flag up to TalkTalk the issue of the out-of-date T&C's.

But whilst I'm here and in relation to the T&C's; TalkTalk offer two TV services. TalkTalk TV and TalkTalk TV Store. You can now opt out of the TalkTalk TV service, if you wish, but you'll still retain access to the TalkTalk TV Store via the website and apps as that's part of your core FPP contract.  See pages 12 and 13 of T&C's and specifically section 1 and 6.

I hope that explains for you and I can see that for completeness ferguson has asked for a TalkTalk confirmation. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@Gondola Thank you for the clarity regarding the way tv service and tv store is separated, I'm sure people will agree with me though that its not made clear in the advertising of the fixed price plans, but it's down to us to read all the t&c's (which we all do, don't we 😎).

I have not yet received my official email informing me of the charge, can you please let me know what date in February it is to be implemented as I currently have a sky sports boost on special offer which is due to end in February but I intend to contact customer support and cancel my the boost and tv service prior to the charge coming in. Apart from the sky sports boost I have not used the tv service so it would not benefit me to keep it going. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Funky-Gibbons

I've not been notified yet either as I subscribe to the Entertainment Boost.  I agree, a whole lot more clarity would be welcomed by us all.

We haven't been advised of a specific date - I believe, as with previous billing changes, a customer is notified by email at least 30 days in advance of the customer's billing date.  For example, if my billing date was 20 February I'd expect an email notification on or before 20 January of the charge being applied in the February billing. If my billing date was 27 February I'd expect an email notification on or before 27 January etc.

Don't forget that you can cancel Boosts via MyAccount and that TalkTalk say they may need up to 48 hours for cancellation of a TV Boost although it's usually done quicker.

But, currently there's no facility in MyAccount for cancellation / opt-out of the TalkTalk TV service so that's a LiveChat contact.  A LiveChat link will be given in the notification email and an explanation of the opt-out at the foot of the email. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey @Funky-Gibbons,

Sorry for any confusion here, as mentioned below the TV Store is separate from the TV Service, yet is available via your STB as well as the TV Store website.

Stephen  

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.