cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TalkTalk TV failed recordings

9 REPLIES
matchap801
Conversation Starter

Hi. We have our current TalkTalk TV service for a few months. 

When I record TV, some channels are perfect bit a few are continually pixalated. 

I have factory reset the box using the reset method and pressing the front buttons. Clears the box back to factory fresh bitI still get pixalated recordings. 

I have an older box from my previous contract and this works perfectly. I have swapped the two boxes from room to room to isolate an aerial fault. The old box still records perfectly but the new box on a different aerial still pixalates on Record. 

In my humble opinion this appears to be a youview TV box at fault. 

Can I get a replacement? 

Thanks. Matthew

Community Team

Hi Mathew

Is the pixellations only on the freeview channels ?

Thanks

Karl. 

matchap801
Conversation Starter

HI Karl. Yes the pixelations only occur when watching freeview channels through the youview box. If i plug the arerial cable direct into the TV i dont get pixelations. If i try and record on the channels that are worse the picture playback is not watchable at all.  I have swapped the main box for my old box from room to room and the fault remains with the new youview box. Thanks. Matthew

Community Team

Hi (again) :)

I'll swap out the box to see if its a tuner problem.

Karl.

matchap801
Conversation Starter

Thanks Karl. It all seems to point at that. I also forgot to add, when watching programmes through that box I have turn turn the volume right up on the TV to hear anything but the older box is fine. I am often away with the Army training so dont get long periods to proerly test these issues! 

Thanks for your help. Matthew

Community Team

Hi

the box is usually set to about a 50% volume level, and iy you reset the remote to control the volume of the youview box, you can set this to 100%, then you can reprogram the remote back to control the volume of the TV

Thanks

Karl. 

matchap801
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl. 

I have now received the replacement TV Box and Router. Initially a lot of faffing around as the router wouldnt accept changes to the channel name and it spent the first few hours rejecting the passwords. A factory reset of the router didnt make it any better at first and Haad pixelation on the subscription channels. 

However. I did a full reset of the router and TV box left all over night to stabilise changed the channel names and fixed the channels to 11 for 2.4ghz and 44 for 5 ghz. Again after settling over night all seems well. 

We can log into the router properly. There is ZERO pixelation on any of the channels. 

I really want to say a huge thank you for all your help in resolving this and the speed of delivery of the replacement items. I will continue to monitor the system and report any issues but all the faults seem to have been resolved. Thank you again. 

One last question - when will fibre be available at my address? BT now have fibre in all the local exchange boxes and it would improve usability all round. 

Many thanks. Matthew

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the issue is now resolved.

It can be a couple of months before we can provide fibre once BT have upgraded the local cabinet.  I would advise to check ur website periodically.

Thanks

Karl. 

matchap801
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl. I have just had an email from TalkTalk stating the TV Box has not yet been returned. 

Both the Router and TV Box were returned on 05 October 2017 via the Post Office.

Returned Router Tracking Reference - ZZ816250379GB - this appears to have been delviered.

Returned TV Box Tracking Reference - ZZ816180029GB - this appears to still be in transit?

What happens now if the Post Office have lost it?

Thanks. Matthew

Community Team

Hi Matchap801

It can take a little time for our logistic teams to book in the returns on your account, its not unusual for it to take 2 weeks to show on the account.

Thanks

Karl.