would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Extender Kit

7 REPLIES
hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi

Can I ask am I able to use the new Talktalk Wi-fi Extender Kit with the old one u did before this??

As I am now usning the basic one but the middle light is not GREEN but RED.

So would like to know if I set up the old one and then used the bite of the new one with the plug on and connected my Talktalk TV Box to it would it work.??

As I need the one with the plug one as I would plug the tv box into it in the wall??

As in have the old Wifi bite connected to my router then used the one with the plug in it down stairs where my box is???

or would i need to have both parts of the old wifi extneder and then use the one with the plug in it???

As per the basic info on this page: here

Hope u understand what I mean.

Do these device use much power when not in use???

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

I am getting a little confused, must be my age.

I've not tested the old adapters with the new so not 100% sure, but I have seen a post a while ago where a customer did test this and they worked for him.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi Oce Karl,

Was a Hard one to try aand say what i mean.

what i am asking is i have the old wifi extenders and looking at the new ones.

if i plued the bit in of the old one to my router like u do to pair them but then used the new one with the plug one and put that with my tv box connected to it woould it work

As the new wifi exender i see from the info the pluged one has to be pluged next to ur router where as i want it pluged in to my tv box so i can use the plug for the tv box on it in the wall

i am using the basic one at moment but the middle light keeps going to red.oragne not green.

so i am loking at making the new way work if it can so it is pluged in to a wall socket and not a exteshion lead.

so i use now this

Talktalk Basic kit.jpgUseing now

Have got the old wifi exentder kit 

Talktalk Old wifi exentder.jpgOld wifi kit

So if i used the bit on the left of the above where it PLUGS into the router 

would that bite work with the new one with the plug one as shown below

Talktalk New wifi.jpgNew wifi one

or would i need both of the old wifi exender kit plugged in then the pluged one above

as does the new one work either way round 

Could u ask the product team ???

so could i used these bites from either like this

talktalk wifii could work.pngPart one from the old wifi extender and Part 2 from the new Wifi extender

Part one from the old wifi extender and Part 2 from the new Wifi extender

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

The product teams have not tested the old with the new, and can only confirm the new extenders work with the same extenders.

You can try pairing old and new side by side in a double wall socket and see if the pair up and the lights go green.  If not you may need to use the same models.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

hosay299
Enlightened One

Ok tHanks who do i talk to get the new ones and if they do not work am i able to return them.???

Hope that help
Joe
hosay299
Enlightened One

Bump oce karl????

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

You can chat to our customer teams regarding the extra adapters but there will be a charge for these.

Thanks

Karl. 

hosay299
Enlightened One

Thanks getting some help from someone on the matter as seems not as simple as i was thinking.

Hope that help
Joe