cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk YouView DN372T problems - AGAIN !!!!

14 REPLIES 14
bryanbolton59
Team Player

No subsequent problems with the replacement box after the initial episodes of picture freezing and blocky picture, until this week. Every time I have turned the TV on since 30 Dec, I have been presented with a blocky picture juddering all over the screen.  I have reset the box each time, which has worked until today.  3 resets later, the picture is still juddering.  I have put the aerial cable directly into the TV - picture perfect, back into the TalkTalk box - picture unwatchable.   Please send another box. Thank you.

Bryan59
bryanbolton59
Team Player

Have you an alternative to the Huawei DN372T box ?

Bryan59
ferguson
Community Star

The only alternative is the non-recording box. How is your box connected to the TV? If using HDMI have you tried swapping out cables, or using another input on your TV? Do you have another TV you can test with?

bryanbolton59
Team Player

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.  The affected TV is connected to the box via an HDMI cable.  I have tried a different cable with the 1st Huawei box and this replacement box, but the fault persists.   I have connected the aerial cable directly into the TV and it operates perfectly.  I switch it back through the Huawei box and the fault persists.

I have a Humax recorder box attached to a different TV in a different room, fed by the same aerial, which operates perfectly. 

The problem is in the Huawei box. 

Bryan59
ferguson
Community Star

You could try the Huawei box attached to the different TV in the different room.

bryanbolton59
Team Player

Ok, thank you. I will have try this.

Bryan59
Community Team

Hi

Did the box show the same picture blocks on the other TV ?

Thanks

Karl. 

bryanbolton59
Team Player

Thanks Karl, I will be trying the box on the other TV tomorrow. Regards. Bryan Bolton

Bryan59
bryanbolton59
Team Player

Hello, I have switched the Huawei box on to the TV that works fine with the Humax box (this TV is not connected to the internet via a router).  The same problem has occurred with the picture freezing and jerking all over the screen. 

I have attached the Humax box to the other TV and connected it up to the TalkTalk fibre router and it works perfectly, apart from not being able to load the OnDemand  iPlayer, ITV Hub etc.  A 102 error comes up - with C5 catch up, a "You Need to Upgrade OnDemand Playersvia Device Management" message comes up.   I did this but the same problem has occurred.   

OnDemand player access is fine with the Huawei box. 

Regards

Bryan Bolton

Bryan59
bryanbolton59
Team Player

Further update - Picture is faulty every time the TV is turned on now. Resetting the Huawei box does not resolve the problem. As before, aerial cable directly into TV - picture perfect,  aerial cable into Huawei box - picture breaking up and jerking all over the screen.

Bryan59
Community Team

Hi bryanbolton59

I've a replacement TV box on the way for testing.

Thanks

Karl. 

bryanbolton59
Team Player

Thank you Karl.

Bryan59
bryanbolton59
Team Player

The new DN372T box has arrived and set up.  The first problem was that no BBC channels were showing, so I followed the guidance on another thread on here on that subject to try and fix it.  That effort resulted in a broken up jerky picture on BBC channels (only).  Repeating the steps to fix the BBC problem has cleared it and, so far, everything has been working properly.

3rd time lucky hopefully 😀

Bryan59
Community Team

Hi bryanbolton59

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂