Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk youview box not connecting to internet when switching on tv

3 REPLIES
hill4343
Chatterbox

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to fix this issue.  I can tell you I have two adapters to help boost WiFi signal.  but I am not technically savvy so need instructions I can follow. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Mick Hill(smudge)
Community Team

Hi

The youview box is not wireless, so has to be connected to the router directly with a cable, or if the TV box is in another room you may be using adapters.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

hill4343
Chatterbox

Hi Karl thanks for reply but it doesn't help me with the initial problem.  You are correct I do have two adapters one in hall next to phone line point plugged into a wall socket, and one in living room plugged directly into wall socket behind TV.  This is connected to talk talk TV box beneath my TV, and the adapter in hall is connected to a talktalk router.  I have tried the following took out both adapters from sockets then replaced did not correct problem.  Did reset on router and also on TV box still didn't solve problem.  I cannot use the settings on TV to update software etc because the remote is also not working.

Mick Hill(smudge)
Community Team

Hi

Are the middle lights on both the adapters 'green' ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial