Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk FRAUDULENT £4 charge

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Team Player

Well well well... I've just had a good read of many of these threads.

It's worse than you all think.

I migrated to Talktalk on November and took a fibre package WITH NO TV.

I have never, ever, in the past been a Talktalk customer, ever.

I do however OWN my own YouView, that I bought. IT'S MINE.

What a lovely warm feeling I got when I checked my emails yesterday to find I'm being charge £4 a month for having my own box.

THIS IS FRAUD.

I BOUGHT THIS BOX. IT IS MINE.

YOU CANNOT CHARGE ME FOR USING IT.

I've emailed the Talktalk CEO and I'm currently awaiting a callback from someone "senior".

Just wow.... I really am speechless at the incompetence.

We've lost track of who used to have a TV package so we'll simply charge EVERYONE with a Huawei branded YouView box.

You do know they sold these Huawei boxes retail for a while?

I used my box with Plusnet for 2 years with no problem.

Shameful state of affairs.

Highlighted
Community Star

I will draw this to the attention of the OCEs for you now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jacamoco

Full details of the upcoming TV Access Fee can be read here

Also, if you can add your number to your Community Profile I can look at your account specifically.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Did you even read my post?
No apology, no this seems like an oversight, just a copy/paste of the corporate nonsense.

Shame on you, defending this disgraceful policy is shocking.

This is like a mobile phone provider charging extra for using a mobile phone you bought elsewhere.

With generic responses like above you're doing nobody any favours.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO ANGRY IN MY LIFE.

Profile will be updated shortly, I'm part way through a vey detailed email that's going to every ombudsmen, authority, newspaper, and tech website that I can think of.

Highlighted
Team Player
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'm sorry if you've misunderstood, I do want to give the best help and advice I can. the link I gave will give more information regarding the charge and whats involved.

Before I was going to answer and address your concerns, I wanted to look at your account specifically to see what package you had etc, so I can be thorough and give a correct answer.

Let me know as soon as you have added your number to your profile and I can then address your concerns more fully.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@jacamoco

I have to agree, I renewed last year and asked if there were any changes including Webspace etc and I was told no all would be the same as my previous contract. 

Then I was informed that the webspace was stopping and that as it was free did not form part of the contract, so I could not change providers. At the time, silly as it seems, that webspce was the only thing that made me stay as I had been offered a better deal elsewhere. I put in an official complaint at the highest level I could but I have never heard anything. 

Now this, another stealth contract change, disguised as something else, even mis-sold as a benefit. Again I asked to be released from my contract but was told no because the TV was a seperate contract, but I was not sold it as that, it was a package with TV, phone and broadband. 

I wish I had the time to challenge this legally but I dont so I will have to wait until August to change suppliers.

As others have stated, we have all stayed with TT through the hacking scandal, bad service, shocking support line etc.

In such a competitive market you would expect TT to show their customers a little more respect. I dont have this trouble with other suppliers.