Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk TV box not playing back, recording and freezing

6 REPLIES 6
rachel30
Team Player

Hi my talktalk TV Plus box is no longer recoding programmes, playing back recordings and keeps freezing. I have reset it and when I press record, the banner says its recording but it isn't. I was on the chat the other week with the same issue but the agent copied and pasted instructions and then ended cut the conversation off. The lights on the front of my box are really dim and don't scroll across when attempting to record as it should. I once again contacted chat who were insisting that this problem is down to a problem at my exchange! I really don't understand how because it's an issue with the box, my I ternet is working all be it slow. I have another thread open due to my terrible Internet speeds (never had my guarenteed speed EVER!). I'm at my wits end with talktalk and have been a loyal customer for years but I'm fed up. Once again, no help and chat agents that are useless. I requested a replacement box as this one is about 7 years old but they don't even consider the box is the problem, they insist it's Internet line issues. Once again another thing I have complained over as apparently there's always a fault on my line that appears to never be fixed! I'm paying minty for Internet sercice I don't get and now extra for a TV sercice that I don't get. 

rachel30
Team Player

A side note to this post - the apps all work and I can watch netflix etc. But absolutely nothing that has been recorded or is scheduled to record. Once again am indicated that it's a box issue and nothing to do with my Internet. 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rachel30

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like me to send a replacement TV box for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

rachel30
Team Player

Hi Debbie thank you for such a fast response! That would be great please. Will it still be a recordable  one like I have please? Just this is the function I need most. 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rachel30

The replacement is on its way, you should receive this within the next 48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

rachel30
Team Player

Hi Debbie, 

That's amazing thank you so much! I'll keep you posted. Thanks again it's much appreciated 🙂