Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk TV box

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Due to the lock down I've resurrected my Youview box but it won't work and is reporting no signal  but if I remove the cable from the box and plug it directly into the tv the tv reports the signal as 100% with no errors. I've updated the software and there is nothing wrong with the aerial or the cables. How can I resolve this.

Highlighted
Community Star

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. Alternatively, you can turn off from the back and power back on.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately having rest the box twice it is still warning of no signal, bye the way the model number is DN360T, what is my next move.

Highlighted
First Timer

I have to reboot my plus box whenever I want to playback a recording, and it's rather annoying

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,
I've escalated to the OCE for you.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profileersonal-info

If you are unsure of your phone number, dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Star

@japaryjo , 

Please start your own thread to receive support.

Thank you

Highlighted
First Timer

I am sick of rebooting my tv box, it's been crashing for some weeks now and I can't get any help from talktalk who in my opinion are failing in there commitment to their customers. I and my wife are in our seventies and are registered disabled, but we have had no information about being listed as vulnerable. I can't playback any recordings, some programmes don't record, and sometimes I can't even change channels. 

Highlighted
Community Star

@japaryjo I have previously asked you to start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.

Staff here are overwhelmed at the moment but are giving help to those who post their own issues.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @japaryjo

As advised, you will need to start your own thread for any support.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

As it's a month since l started this post and I have not heard anything yet am I still in the queue ?

Highlighted

Hi

So sorry for the delay, A TV box is on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for the help, I've received the replacement Youview box but alas the remote is missing, it receives commands from the original remote but takes up to 45 secs to carry them out thus rendering it useless.

Highlighted

Hi

I'll get a replacement out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you Karl for your help, all working ok now, case closed.

Highlighted

Excellent, glad I was able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips