Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk players keep stopping internet

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Participant

Everytime I try and watch a player (ie netflix or iplayer) on my youview box, it stops working and the internet light on the router goes solid red after a few seconds. If I go and use my Smart TV upstairs I can watch Players with no problem.

I have been on Talktalk online chat for over two hours, weve done factory resets and made sure everything is up to date. 

My internet is generally fine, just goes down when I try and watch a player but then comes back on until I try and watch a player again. I have a engineer visit booked  for two weeks time but just dont understand what could be the issue as the players are working upstairs.

Many Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

This is a really strange issue, never seen this before.

Is the Youview box direct to the router with a cable or via powerline adapters.

If you disconnect all other devices so only the youview box is connected to the router, does this still cause the router to drop out.

Also, switch the ethernet port at the back of the router that the TV box is connected to, try another to rule out a faulty port.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl,

Just tried those suggestions thank you  and still not working. Been working from home all day and no issues. Just tried to watch iplayer and within 20seconds the red internet light came on and it threw me out. It's so bizarre. Had to reset the router just to get the internet back.

Cheers, Jo

Participant

Oh and I use powerline adaptors. These are always green. The only red light I ever get is the internet light on the router when I click on to any of the players.

Could it be a faulty box? 

Thanks, Jo

Highlighted

Hi

It's difficult to tell, it could be a faulty router or one of the adapters etc...

I'll swap out the router first and see if this is the cause.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks Karl....does this mean you are sending a new router out to me? Thanks ever so much. Jo x

Highlighted

Hi

Router is on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
Thanks ever so much Karl.. Jo x
Highlighted
Participant
Received my router this morning Karl...thank you! All connected up with all new leads etc. Went to watch Netflix for a hour. Disconnected three times but only for about 60 seconds at a time, which is a massive improvement. The light on the router turned amber but within a minute went back to white. Will keep a check on it.

I've noticed my general internet speed is only ever between 19 and 21...could this be why it always drops out?

Basically a big improvement so thanks for the new router and I'll keep a check on things.

Cheers, Jo x
Highlighted

Hi

The router is in sync at 31mb and line tests are clear, so speeds look ok.

Keep an eye on things and see how it holds up.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
Thanks ever so much Karl. All seemed great this weekend.

Shall I cancel my engineer Appt for 17th June? X
Highlighted

Hi

Yes, if no longer required, cancel the engineer.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips