would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk plus box freeezes on wake up screen

12 REPLIES 12
McElroy
Popular Poster

Hi all,

Having big problems with my talk talk plus box. Started a couple of days ago. Recordings would freeze half way through playback with a message come to end of recording. Then all other recordings gave same message. Turned box off and disconnected the power. Restarted and fine for the next day then same error occurred. Tried a factory reset and now will not go pat the wake up screen. Tried a maintenance reset and the box continues to freeze at the same point. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

E!

E!
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @McElroy

I have escalated this for OCE support for you and they will respond here. Unfortunately it will be at least Monday before they reply as they work Mon to Fri.

It is VERY important that your registered phone number is in your profile so could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi McElroy

I'm sorry to hear this.

When the box is reset does the box then get stuck on waking up?

Thanks

Debbie

McElroy
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for getting back to me. The box does freeze at various times sometimes whilst trying to watch a recording, the the remote or the front box buttons does not respond and also on start-up when the box freezes on the wake-up screen staying there for hours.

I left it loading overnight and then powered down. The next time I switched the box on it went to the wake-up  screen then to the loading screen. Eventually after approx 3 hours it operated, but subsequently froze whilst watching. Had to power down again.

Regards,

Eric 

E!
Community Team

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try a full Factory Reset from the YouView Settings Menu.

Just to advise this will fully erase and set up the Hard Drive in the box but is the last option before a box is replaced.

Thanks

Debbie

McElroy
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Carried out a full factory reset as requested. Unfortunately the box is still not responding following the reset when recording TV. Once a recording is attempted the box just freezes. I have carried out all combinations available from the reset screen on start-up but always the same result.

Regards,

Eric 

E!
Community Team

Hi Eric

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement TV Box and a returns bag, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

McElroy
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your response. Your offer to send a new TV box would be gratefully received. I am down to relying on the standard channels at present with no means to record. Very frustrating! I will look forward to receiving a replacement TV box as you describe to let me get back to some normality.

Thankyou once again.

Regards,

Eric 

E!
Community Team

Hi Eric

The replacement TV box is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

McElroy
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for supplying a replacement TV Talktalk youview box. The box has arrived today. All connected in and set-up completed. So far so good with everything working as it should. Looks like a success.

I will send the old box back as requested within the next few days.

Thanks for your support in resolving my problem.

Best regards,

Eric 

E!
Community Team

Hi Eric

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

McElroy
Popular Poster

Hi, just letting you know that everything has been sorted by Debbie. Great service & response from Talk talk.

Thankyou.

E!

E!
Community Team

Hi

Glad our team has been able to help.

Regards,

Karl.