Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Need help?

Talktalk tv not working on samsung smart tv , just black screen

7 REPLIES
Monkeysmum
First Timer

This is so frustrating 😫 All of our films for the kids are on the smart TV app and I've tried to access it through my iPad with no luck either. Have spoken to both Samsung and TalkTalk and nobody seems to care. I (stupidly) thought these companies were at a point where we could purchase films etc through their technology and it was the smart option but now find I've as good as thrown away over £300 over the years. There must be a compensation route?? 😑

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Monkeysmum

Here's the advice from TalkTalk about compatibility for TalkTalk TV and viewing your purchased content.

Unfortunately, Samsung wouldn't allow the new TalkTalk TV app to be loaded onto their TV's.  But you can still download the new app from iTunes for your iPad so long as it's running iOS8 or later release.

You can view your content on the TalkTalk TV Box connected to your Samsung TV, on the website app and on your iPad. 

The best, big screen solution is to use the TalkTalk TV Box.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
Monkeysmum
First Timer

Thanks for the info...it all sucks though as I don't believe it was made clear when we signed up to the rental/film purchase option with Talk Talk that they could pull the rug from under us at any given time. Plus, as the films were only allowed to be watched on on tv or one other mobile device I no longer have my password to access the films as suggested above 😫 It's just one massive pain in the backside that's taken up a lot of my time trying to resolve 😏

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Monkeysmum

If you've linked your TalkTalk account to your TalkTalk TV Store account then the login and password is exactly the same as you use for MyAccount login.

If your TalkTalk TV Store account is not linked to your TalkTalk account then click this link: forgotten your password

Use the email address you used to register with the TalkTalk TV Store and you'll get a password reset email.

dobbylovesocks
Team Player

As they are still advertising the app as being supported by samsung (check the website, it's still there in your account at the bottom), and you therefore purchased the items under the agreement that you could play it on your device, I believe you should be entitled to a refund. Especially as they are currently still selling the films in a misleading manner. 

No matter what customer services say, read the sale of goods act which has specific rights for digital content.

I suggest you screenshot the compatible devices still listed today and contact trading standards for them to investigate further. They are the ones who have broken their agreement you entered into at time of sale and are no longer providing you with the service you paid for.

No doubt, had you been warned of this at time of sale you would have decided against purchasing from them and gone elsewhere. (you're welcome :) ) 

dobbylovesocks
Team Player

As they are still advertising the app as being supported by samsung (check the website, it's still there in your account at the bottom), and you therefore purchased the items under the agreement that you could play it on your device, I believe you should be entitled to a refund. Especially as they are currently still selling the films in a misleading manner. 

No matter what customer services say, read the sale of goods act which has specific rights for digital content.

I suggest you screenshot the compatible devices still listed today and contact trading standards for them to investigate further. They are the ones who have broken their agreement you entered into at time of sale and are no longer providing you with the service you paid for.

No doubt, had you been warned of this at time of sale you would have decided against purchasing from them and gone elsewhere. (you're welcome :) ) 

Oh and FYI they will keep trying to blame Samsung, but remind them that you did not purchase from samsung, you purchased from them under the advice at time of sale, that you could use it on this device. They did not warn you that may change, there is nothing within the terms and conditions. Seriously, trading standards is the way to go. Don't be fobbed off

Gondola
Community Star

@dobbylovesocks Where exactly are you suggesting that TalkTalk say the TalkTalk TV app is supported by Samsung? A hyperlink or screenshot would do nicely.

dobbylovesocks
Team Player

Have added the screenshot to the other post