Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk youview box stopped working

10 REPLIES
topper
Team Player

Have read all the posts on the subject here and tried all the options including factory reset. The box keeps going through the reset programme but then reverts to what I got before trying all that...ie sticking on "loading" and refuses to move beyond that. Tried turning everything off and leaving for ages etc and back on  but always the same result. The box is now fairly old so I really suspect its faulty,...driving me nuts!!

Any suggestions welcome...including how to get a replacement box from Talktalk.

fr8ys
Community Star

Sounds like you need a new box. I've escalated to an oce for you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
topper
Team Player

thank you very much
excuse my ignorance but what is an oce ?
and the actual talktalk subscriber is my wife on obscured for customer security@ talktalk.net...but I do all the activity when things go wrong!

fr8ys
Community Star

An oce is a Talktalk staff member.

Just make sure you have your profile fully completed and for good measure as the account is in your wife's name, include your account number in the private notes areawhich only you and the oce can see.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
topper
Team Player

thanks for that and for all advices 

think i made an error however and clicked the solved/best answer  button before an oce got onto it.!!..how do i unclick the solved button to ensure an oce understands it not resolved.

thanks

fr8ys
Community Star

I've escalated again and contacted an OCE direct so hopefully they will be with you soon (can take up to 24 / 48 hours).

Community Team

Hi topper

I've had a look at this remotely. I can see there is an issue with the box, and I'll get this swapped out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

topper
Team Player

Just a note to give appreciation and thanks to both Steve and Karl for the efficient and prompt responses and solutions.

I look forward to receiving the replacement box....and to getting back onto the TV.

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Glad to help.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

topper
Team Player

Have to record a final comment.

Received the replacement box today...all set up and working.

This has to be the most efficient and professional service I have ever experienced...Thanks again to all concerned

DG.

fr8ys
Community Star

Great news. Pleased to be of help, as are the OCE's.