Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Think i will go back to sky ,Multiroom charge for engineer not happy

9 REPLIES 9
sharky110
Chat Champion

From a very dissapointed customer I have received an email to say my tv was going to cost me four pond a month which I am very dissapointed  about so I went on live chat to discuss this they said I could have multiroom for same price so I opted for multiroom they told me I would have to pay  £25.00 for the tv box so I said ok they transferred me to the loyalty team they said I would get it cheaper lol loyalty team said know £25.00 was best I could have so I said go ahead they said they would have to charge £25.00for an engineer  to come out and fit it I said why can I not do it myself they said no I am very dissapointed  with  talk talk  think I should go back to sky very dissapointed  customer 

Kieran
Community Team

Hi

Details about the upcoming TV charge can be found here.

At present there is no self install option for multiroom and this must be completed by an engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

mrwrighty
Wizz Kid

The only requirement to have an engineer is the assumtion that the Powerline ethernet adaptors need installing. It does not take in to account that some houses, as is mine, are fully networked and do not require powerline adapters. Odd that you can be shipped and self install your main TV box, but not the multiroom box.

sharky110
Chat Champion

@OCE_Karl  why is that Carl I fitted my own tv box on first set I have got power line adapters running also was a bit miffed they wanted to charge for engineer 25.00 plus 25.00 for box I was just a bit shocked about engineer  cost because I don't know what he would have to do 

Kieran
sharky110
Chat Champion

@mrwrighty  ye it does i have already installed powerline adapters and they want to charge me 25.00 for an engineer  plus the box cost surely it should be  just connecting  box to other and tv 

Kieran
mrwrighty
Wizz Kid

I dont think the boxes connect together. The extra box gives you access to TalkTalk services via the internet, hence the need for the Powerline adapters, it does not give you access to any recordings on your main box, at least that is how I understand it. Multiroom from TalkTalk does not replace Sky Q and the abiility to watch recordings in another room.

Community Team

Hi

As mentioned, there is no self install option for Multiroom at this time.

Thanks

Karl. 

sharky110
Chat Champion

@mrwrighty Yes I see were you are comming just disappointing they charge for engineer  cannot see it being that hard to connect to internet but maybe there is more to it thanks

Kieran
Hawk3y3
Team Player

@sharky110 I'd also be interested to know what you were getting for £25 installation fee. When TalkTalk originally introduced their TV services, the customer had an option to either self install the box/equipment or have an engineer do it for them.

On a seperate note before the days of having to have a primary box for the TV boosts, I was able to successfully run three boxes without any glitches or fibre. 

sharky110
Chat Champion

@Hawk3y3 the box should have been £50 they said I could have it for £25 plus 25 engineer fee  when I first got my broadband and tv I installed it my self . How did you hook 3 box was it working on a multiroom. System would be interested to know thanks 

Kieran