would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv Box, flashing router light and iplayer

12 REPLIES 12
Ianaaa1234
Popular Poster

Hi,

Is there any talktalk reason for the tv light on my HG633 to be flashing when my TV box is off?

I'm asking because my iplayer on the TV box freezes occasionally and I have to exit iplay and reopen to get it playing again.

I'm wondering if I have something else on my network using a post which might be triggering the TV light on the router and effecting iplayer.  If this might be possible, what port does the TVbox/iplayer use?

Thanks

Ian

Community Team

Hi Ian

The TV box can periodically check for updates, even when it is in standby, and our TR069 platform will also periodically try to connect to the TV box to pull back diagnostic information, so it is not unusual to see activity through the router.

Also the current firmware of your router has under certain circumstances caused a communication issue between the box and router, so I've updated the firmware to improve any stability issues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ianaaa1234
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Ta

Ian

Community Team
Ianaaa1234
Popular Poster

Hi,

I had another iplayer freeze this afternoon so would you mind leaving this thread open for a bit while I assess it over next few days.

Ta.
Ian

Community Team

Hi

no problem, the thread will remain and you can reply when ready.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ianaaa1234
Popular Poster

Hi,

This is still happening I'm afraid.

Any other things I can try?

Thanks

Ian

Community Team

Hi

Is this only affecting Iplayer ?

Can you test some of the other on demand players and see if they also freeze at times.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ianaaa1234
Popular Poster

Will do.

Community Team

Let us know how you get on.

Ianaaa1234
Popular Poster

Hi, An   update on this.

Watched 6 hours of box set binging on Endeavour on ITV hub not a single issue.

But still finding it hard to get through more than 20 minutes of iplayer without it freezing, and having to close and reopen the app.

Ianaaa1234
Popular Poster

Hi,

Is there any further support on this?

Community Team

Hi

As this is only affecting Iplayer and we have no other reports of Iplayer issues I can only assume it is the app itself and may need to be reinstalled on the box.

Can you perform a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Set the box back up and then manually perform a software and players update from the settings menu.

Then retest.

Thanks

Karl.