Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv boosts not working

14 REPLIES
Linda101
Repeat Guest

TV boosts have not been working for over two weeks.

Getting error message IPC6012 and after trying to setup a channel:

"TV Boosts are not available.

Your account does not allow you to add extra TV channels"

Same message when accessing TV Boosts from MoreTV.

Had two engineer visits from Brightsparks and Openreach with no resolution.

I'm not having any success after numerous phone calls either.

Community Team

Hi Linda

I've asked our TV team to have a look at the entitlement settings for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi Linda

Can you now retest. 

Make sure you access the boost content from More TV first as this will force a subscription check.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Linda101
Repeat Guest

@OCE_Karl wrote:

Hi Linda

I've asked our TV team to have a look at the entitlement settings for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Hi Karl

Didn't work. Had problems since upgrading to fibre in February. Had a new box installed with new router at end of Jan all worked Ok until fibre installed. Brightspark engineer called and said there was a problem at exchange and Open Reach needed to check it out. Open Reach found no fault.

Community Team

Hi Linda

Our TV teams have made some changes. Can you reboot the box via the button at the back then when the box is up and running, go to MORE TV and choose a boost channel / content and tell me if it now gives the same error ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Linda101
Repeat Guest
Still saying tv boosts not available
Community Team

Hi

I've confirmed this to our TV teams and they will continue looking at this.  I'll post back as soon as they ask for a retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Linda101
Repeat Guest
Can I also say I cannot access the Talk Talk tv app on my ipad. It says my account is incorrect. Could this be the problem
Community Team

Hi

Our teams have made some configuration changes and have asked you now try the following : 

Hard Reboot box (using button at the back of the box)

Perform software update (Menu > Settings > Software Information > Update Software > Press OK on remote)

Load More TV (TalkTalk/More TV button on remote)

Select boost content.

Thanks

Karl. 

Linda101
Repeat Guest

Worked for 2 mins until I changed channels and now showing error message IPC6023. Have gone to tv boosts through more tv and the boost that I have subscribed to us not showing. 

Community Team

Hi

The 6023 error can be a connection error. reboot the router and any powerline adapters and see if this clears the error.

Karl.

Linda101
Repeat Guest

All channels appear to be working now except for sky sports news 401 which is showing error message IPC6023. This channel is one of the main channels that my family like to watch

Community Team

Hi

Now the entitlements are showing correct, I want to swap out the router for a different model and see if this give a better connection to the TV box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Linda101
Repeat Guest

To Karl

A big thank you for sorting out my problem. New router arrived today and everything is working fine. Can't believe it was sorted so quickly after weeks of long drawn out phone calls to technical support to no avail. Once again thank you very much

Community Team

Hi Linda

So glad to hear everything is working as it should.

I can see the new router is connected.  I'm just updating the router firmware to the latest version as this will improve stability and wifi performance.  Only takes a couple of minutes to update but you may see the connection drop briefly.

Thanks

Karl.