Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv box and remote control problems

2 REPLIES
Nuttynat123
First Timer

I've had the same box and remote now for the last 5 years the last few weeks the box and remote is so slow and wount change it is that slow it's so annoying would they send out a new box and remote and would it be free of charge 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Nuttynat123

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you.

You'll need to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

In the meantime a few questions:

• Are you a TV subscriber? i.e. you subscribe to a TV Boost like the Starter Boost or Entertainment Boost?
  • Is the TV Box connected to the router with an Ethernet cable?  It's important it is connected to the Router and the Broadband service in order to receive software updates.
  • Have you tried to Update Software? - Youview Menu > Settings > Software Information
  • Is it a TV Box that records complete programmes?
  • If so, do you have any recordings that you wish to keep?
 Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Nuttynat123

In addition to the above questions, have you also ever tried a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

And did this improve the performance of the box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat