Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv box no longer recording

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I am unlabelled to play back any recordings as they start but just show a black screen. I have also realised I can no longer record anything new as whilst it appears to say it’s recording the lights no longer indicate its recording and it fails. Hard drive failure maybe? I have tried rebooting several times. Is anyone from talk talk able to check the health of my box remotely? If it is damaged am I entitled to a replacement? 

thanks 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Mine is similar problem. Starts to record but only records about 1 min. Then I go to watch the recorded program and only then do I find out its not all there? Also sometimes recordings say FAILED TO RECORD? I'm baffled. Any help out there?? I've reset the box SO many times but makes no difference
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @write2ad 

Whilst this is an open forum, posting your problem on every post even though unrelated to @aldo82's problem is not of any help.

If you do have any helpful advice then please feel free to comment on that post !!!!

Have you tried my suggestions on your original post and completed your profile ???

Please remember that every problem is individual and needs checking from the main database/system for a solution. An example is one that had us all stumped, the solution from the customer following 12 days + of attempts at diagnosis "The only change I have made is to move a lamp away from next to my router and this seems to have solved the problem."

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi aldo82

Have you tried a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and see if it allows you to record or still fails.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

many thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this but unfortunately it hasn’t made any difference. The recordings I already have will not play (just show black screen) and any new recordings I try to make fail to record. 

Is it possible to get a replacement?

Highlighted

Hi

I'll get the box swapped out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

great, thank you. Is there anything I need to do next or will you just send the new box through? Will you send a box to return the old one? 

Highlighted

Hi

The box is on the way.  The old box is out of warranty, so no need to return this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Perfect. Many thanks for your help. 

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips