Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv box not working

ANSWERED
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello for the last week my box keeps freezing, not recording or when it does it is a blank screen, not fast forwarding, jumping. I have tried off and on and a whole reset. However the problems still exist. The signal quality and strength are both at 100.

Thanks for advice

Michelle Murray
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @mich82 

I have escalated this to OCE support and they will respond on here A.S.A.P.

Please do not add anything on here until an OCE responds as the system will see this as a new post and move you to the back of the queue.

Unfortunately the response times are extremely delayed and currently can take a couple of days instead of the usual matter of hours. Please bear with us as an OCE will get back to you as quickly as possible.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ok look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Michelle Murray
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

From your last contract renewal, you are not on a package that includes TV or the TV charge.

This means that no TV box will be supplied or replaced.

You can upgrade a package to include TV online via My Account, or by calling our customer teams.

Alternatively a TV box can be purchased directly for the Online Store.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Karl I have sent you an email reply to.

The reason I have a tv box is because I received one a good few years back for being a loyal customer. It should be on record when I received the box/when it was delivered. I currently have talk talk tv and record etc available as it was part of being a loyal customer. So I genuinely feel I should still be treated as a customer with a tv box and services that is not working properly.

Hopefully hear from you soon.

Kind regards 

Michelle Murray

Michelle Murray
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi karl I also do have talk talk tv on my package I pay £4 a month for it. Just checked my itemized bill.

Kind regards

Michelle murray

Michelle Murray
Highlighted

Hi

You may have received a TV box a number of years ago, but your account is not showing as having the TV services and will not let my physically place any TV order for a box on the account.  

You will have to upgrade the account or contact our customer teams to change the package as the account in its current state simply has no option to order a TV box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello karl, could you let me know what I am paying the £4 for please? How do I contact customer services, dont want to phone as thats for emergencies and let workers etc. Is there anyone else to help with this

Thanks

Michelle Murray 

If I have to upgrade account and get a new box how much would this be as obviously not a new customer so would be no offers for me.

Michelle Murray
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello karl

Had to do a factory reset, but now box not working at all. So I have ordered a new box and upgraded tv, hopefully it wont be too long till new box arrives

Thanks

Michelle Murray
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello my mum's TV has gone off completely. We have tried turning the box off and on again but it has been faulty for a while now being slow and not working correctly. Now it has gone off completely. We have been with talk talk for many years and hope this can be resolved.

Please can someone get back to us as soon as possible

Thanks

Suzanne 

Highlighted

Hi @Sandra haworth

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

i have tried to reset the box but it is still in waking up mode

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @suehinds 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can view this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.