cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv box recordings not playing, not recording any more, recorded programmes freeze

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Do I need another box?

the new box....

It freezes randomly watching recorded tv (I can then press rewind after it’s started playing again, and it doesn’t freeze in the same place) ((*the old box did exactly the same from the day we got it but we just lived with it for around 2 years))

the Netflix app crashes quite often.

the Netflix app is slow and laggy to use.

The box has lost the broadband connection when the connection was fine.

Ken

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll swap out the router to make sure that is not failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

So far since changing the router everything has been working great, no freezing tv recordings, no problems with Netflix and home WiFi has been perfect.

thanks for your help Debbie & Karl.

Cheers Ken

Highlighted

Hi

thats great news.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I’ve even got a good WiFi signal in the shed now since the new router, which I didn’t have before 😄

Highlighted

Hi

The wifi signal is better with our new wifi hubs 🙂

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi,

just a quick update. I still get the freezing for a minute when watching some recorded tv. I think it’s the tv boxes doing too much at the same time.

eg. I was watching a recorded programme when it froze just for 1 minute, I wondered if it had just started recording another programme in the background, which it had. I then later, watched that recorded programme and it pixelated after a minute of starting, which I’m guessing was the same time the night before when the box froze for a minute. 

it’s not the worst, We can live with it if it’s just the odd time it happens. In my opinion I think the boxes could do with a faster processor / chip as they are obviously struggling and quite slow to use.

Just wanted to post this in case others have the same issue.

Ken

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Now I have no internet at all.

Just a solid orange light.

I've unplugged and restarted the router, no change.

Highlighted

Hi Ken

There is an outage in your region.  Our teams are investigating.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, it back on but showing Speedtest  of around 8mbps instead of normally around 28mbps, hopefully will speed up.

Highlighted

Hi Ken

Outage is now resolved.  How are things today.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, back to normal internet wise. Youview tv box still has the odd random 1 minute freeze on recorded TV though.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi,

Regarding the 1 minute freezing of recorded tv problem I’m having, as it’s happened on 2 different youview boxes.

Is there any help I can get on resolving this? Are there others that have had the same issue? 

just to recap,

it freezes randomly ONLY on recorded tv (bbc, itv, ch4, quest etc) for approx 1 minute then continues to play.

it is totally random, I don’t think it’s a fault on the recordings as I can rewind the programme after it’s frozen and started again to the same point and it plays through, doesn’t freeze again at the point it did.

it can happen 3 or 4 times in a 1 hour programme sometimes, and other times just once or not at all.

it happened with the previous freeview box for the entire time we had it (around 2 years) Even after I had fully factory reset it. And it also happens exactly the same with the new freeview box we have just received. 

any help out there? I’ve tried everything.

thanks

Ken

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I’m guessing there’s no help as I’ve not had a response.

ive just read on this forum that there’s an alternative box made by Humax. Is it worth me swapping to that as I’m getting the same freezing problem with the replacement Huawei?

thanks 

Ken

@OCE_Karl 

Highlighted
Community Star

Staff don't tend to reply at weekends, @ken01, so  you need to wait to hear back during the working week. 

I'll re-escalate this thread. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted

Hi

Some people do purchase their own Humax box.  This is not a model that TalkTalk provide, but these are widely available.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Gliwmaeden2

It’s been 7 days since I asked for help.

surely I can’t be the only one having these kind of issues? And if I am, I need help from TalkTalk to find out why and resolve it.

cheers

Ken

Highlighted

Hi

Is it possible to connect the youview box direct to the router bypassing the adapters to see if the issues continue with a direct connection ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips