Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv box set up with separate external hard drive

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I recently signed up for tv boost and was told there would be no problem to install the tv box with my existing Panasonic hard drive/dvd player box. However there are no instructions on how to do this. Do I connect the aerial to the tv box then on to the hard drive and then to the tv? How do I connect the hdmi & scart cables? Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @RayO1 

I have passed this onto the team to pick up. Before we can look into your account please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public.

Mike

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Mike - I’ve added phone number - please do not share as we get enough unsolicited calls already 😉 thanks.
Highlighted

Hi

The TV box would not be able to connect to an external hard drive as a lot of the content will have content protection so it cannot be recorded externally.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl, this is disappointing as I specifically asked the question when I took the tv boost and was told there would be no problem (I saved the chat as back up). Can you advise where the protection has come from (we have never had a problem recording  freeview programmes before) - is it a talktalk restriction?

We now have a second issue in the we can’t play catch up programmes - it was fine to begin with but now as soon as you select the programme to watch it won’t play.

Any help appreciated. At the moment the tv boost is proving to be a waste of money. Thanks

Highlighted

Hi

Content protection is applied directly to any ouput from the box.  

If having issues with catchup content, check the box is connected directly to the router and if required, power off router and TV box for a few minutes to reset.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi - I have been able to get bbc iplayer working but none of the other players do. If I select a programme say on itv hub it’s fine up to the point when the programme is due to start - at this point the screen freezes. This is the case for all players except bbc iplayer.

I have restarted the YouView box and the router, I’ve switched everything off and back on again and I’ve checked all the cables. Any advice welcome as this is not a satisfactory situation. Thanks