cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv pixelating

13 REPLIES 13
Popular Poster

This is my third tv plus box which pixelates after being on for a few hours. It seems as soon as the box gets warm it starts to badly pixelate making viewing impossible. 
I have to reset the box, retune the channels and this is every night.

Recorded programmes are exactly the same. The tv aerial works perfectly in the tv it’s just when it goes through the box. We paid for aerial engineer to change the cables. He tested the aerial which he said was perfect.

I have been living with these issues since October last year and I am totally disillusioned with the whole thing.
We don’t use power line adapters it’s a short direct connection from the router.  We have the latest version hub and  I have tried the maintenance resets etc but with no fix .
can anyone please offer advice . Thank you 

P A Joyce
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Is it only the freeview channels that pixellate ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Popular Poster

Hi Karl

I don’t know if my last reply was posted or not, 

No it seems to go it all the time when going through the you view box. 
it causes both picture and sound issues and stops for a short time after retuning channels . 

P A Joyce
Popular Poster
I’m finding it difficult to navigate around the community so sorry if I duplicate and messages
P A Joyce

Hi

The signal level at the box for the majority of your freeview channels is 50 - 60.

If your aerial has been checked I would recommed trying a signal booster to see if this reduces any pixellation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster
Hi Karl
We have one, again this was checked by the guy we paid to test the aerial. It seems to be happening when the box gets hot . But once it starts it continues until I reset it or retune.
It’s really not watchable when it starts.
Thanks
P A Joyce

Hi

The only option then open to us is to replace the box, but if this has been done before it may not resolve the issue, or to possibly have one of our engineers come round and have a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster
That would be fine Karl, I expect you are not sending engineers at present? Whatever you think is the best way forward would suit us. It’s currently pixelating as I text !
Thanks
P A Joyce

Hi

I'll replace the box, and if that fails then it may need to be followed by an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Community Star

Hi @pj5603 

A quick question, do you or one of your close neighbours have a cordless phone in use as I am currently watching TV via my YV box and during a call the TV has all of the symptoms you describe ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.

Hi

That's a really good spot. Thanks fre55die.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster

Message to Karl

hi Karl you replaced my tv talk talk box a few weeks ago but we still had ‘intermittent’ issues of pixelating screen and sound. Tonight we switched the tv on at 6pm and the pixelation was very bad. 
I went to settings to check the signal and I can include a photo of what we received at that time. We have changed nothing in the house and can’t understand why this happens. 
We noticed with the boxes in the past that they are ok for about a month then the screen starts to pixelate. The strength changes from 100 to 80%. After a retune it lasts for about 24 hrs then stats again. Your help is appreciated. 

Pam Joyce

78EA3D5B-DAA8-4B9F-9872-4ACB2AE9C821.jpeg

P A Joyce

Hi

As the box has been replaced, the next option is for an engineer to attend.  This cannot be arranged until after the current crisis has passed and lockdown restrictions have been removed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster

Hi Karl

The issue of pixelated screen and disrupted sound continues. I tried to retune with the aerial out and again with it in and did the maintenance restart/ reboot and have switched it off at the back and on again. All help on a temporary basis, maybe 24 hours but nothing fixes it completely. 
is there another reboot we can try? I would be grateful for any other suggestions right now. We don’t use power line adapters, it’s connected direct to router . The aerial has been checked and is perfect, we had a new cable fitted in case it was the cable sent with the box. 
thanks

P A Joyce