Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv problems

13 REPLIES
BecksC
Chatterbox

Hi, we're having a lot of problems with our box. It freezes on various channels, we have to power off to reset. It works for a few hours before having to do again. Scheduled recordings are all failing. Subscribed channels disappear from the guide. Internet connection drops to the box. Unable to watch previously recorded programmes.

Any advise would be appreciated. 

hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi if u can wait for a oce to reply and help sort u out they should reply by next week do not work weekends any more.

if u can explain ur set up of ur eqipement in ur house  like is the tv box connected to the router or via powerlines.

How long have u had the box??

could u please fill in ur profile as it showing as not full filled in on here as it helps them link ur account on their other system.

please do not post any personal info on here as it is open to the public.

From what u are saying and the failing recordings sound like the box is going or there is a hard drive issue.

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @BecksC

I should try this as an OCE will suggest it. :

Turn the box off, then unplug power lead for a couple of minutes.

Re plug in power .

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi @BecksC

If you can add your home number to your Community Profile we can take a look.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

BecksC
Chatterbox

Hi, I've filled in my profile and did the factory reset. One other problem I forgot to mention is that the picture goes blocky at times.

Thank you for your advice so far but it's not fixed the problem. 

BecksC
Chatterbox

Hi, the box and router are connected by cable and I've had the box since April 2016. Thank you. 

hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi,

I would say ther TV box is on it way out.

The team on here can get one sent out if that is the case just like the rotuer.

Does the box make a bizzing sound when u are near it - as that is what i found with our last box it was making a lound bizzing sound when u near it u can hear it.

BecksC
Chatterbox

Hi,

We've not been aware of any sounds coming from the box or router. Do you think I need a new box and router because I've had them both the same time?

Thank you for your advice.

Community Team

Hi BecksC

The overall connection looks ok, no line issues showing.

I've had a look at the TV box remotely and all settings look ok, not seeing any errors on the hard drive, and no errors flagged from either of the receivers of the box.

First option is to swap out the router as this is also a few years old.  This is on the way to you and we can see if this makes any difference.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

BecksC
Chatterbox

OK and thank you. Will update when the router is here.

Community Team

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Router should arrive tomorrow.

Karl 

hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi it can be a simple thing but it is just hard to pin point it so we just work at one thing at a time until we have covered things 

BecksC
Chatterbox

Hi, new router arrived today (postman wasn't able to deliver because I was away) All plugged in but getting the same problems.

Regards 

Community Team

Hi BecksC

I'll get the TV box swapped out and see if that is failing.

Thanks

Karl.