Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv select boost not working

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

Just moved and nothing but problems and no help with chat. So far wasted 7 hrs with no results and my complaint hasn’t been responded to.

current issue is Select TV boost.

all select boost channels not working. The channels show on the guide, I can access the apps on the tv box. From this it can be shown that the internet is connected and working fine with the box as we can stream Netflix etc on the talktalk box, we can also get normal channels on the box with no signal issues. The only problem is the boost channels.

we have tried connecting the box to the router by direct cable and by power adapters. No difference

we have done all updates

we have completed two maintenance resets

we have factory reset twice also

we have no issue with downloading to multiple devices

**nothing wrong with router or tv box**

issue is with talktalk select boost only. There is either a block or something at talktalk end. 

Channels we cant access:

Sky one - 301

Sky two - 304

Sky living - 302

Sky arts - 303

Sky sports news - 401

Real life’s - 305

Fox - 316

National geographic - 317

Comedy Central - 307

MTV - 309

Gold - 310

History - 327

Crime investigation - 328

We can see the guide for the channels but when we click the channels the screen is black. 

Aimee.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @AMitchell3009

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

It's possible in the home move that the TV Boost hasn't been switched to your new line. The OCE's can fix that once you update your Community Profile.

You'll need to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @AMitchell3009

As Gondola advises, add your phone number to your Community Profile and i'll take a look at all the TV settings on your account for any issues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

I updated my information but still nothing.

Aimee.
Highlighted

Hi

All settings relating to your account are correct, nothing stands out.  

I've asked my TV colleagues to have a quick look to see if they can see any discrepancies with the settings.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi

My TV colleagues have double checked everything for me and they can see no issues.

Can you perform a Youview Maintenance Reset

Set the box back up  and try a boost channel.  If not working, try going to MY TV in the youview settings and select some on demand content from your boosts.  This will force a subscription check.  Then try the channel again.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi AMitchell3009, the tv team have been in touch and told me that they believe this problem is fixed now. Please retest and let us know that it's sorted, or not. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi we’ve reset the box and these channels are still not working 

Aimee.
Highlighted

Hi

I've passed this to networks to check for any VLAN or other exchange issues or to see if an Openreach multicast engineer is required to check the port for IPTV traffic.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips