cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Two TalkTalk TV Plus Boxes on one account?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

My TalkTalk contract expired recently so I contacted TalkTalk last Saturday to discuss entering into a new contract.

I wanted a new TV Plus Box so that I could record programmes and play them back in another room.

The TalkTalk customer services rep who I spoke to was adamant that:

a) If I had a new TV Plus Box, I would be unable to watch the recordings I've saved on my current box.

b) Two TalkTalk TV Plus Boxes will not work on one account.

c) They were unable to provide me with another TalkTalk TV Plus Box.

After much discussion, they eventually agreed to provide me with a new TalkTalk TV Plus Box for £25. It's since arrived but I've yet to install it.

Out of interest, I turned off the internet connection of my current TalkTalk TV Plus Box, it seemed to play back old recordings and make new recordings perfectly fine.

Am I right in thinking that the customer services rep was telling me a load of baloney? Do TalkTalk prevent two TalkTalk TV Plus Boxes working on one account? If both were connected to the Internet would they somehow disable one of them?

My suspicion is that TalkTalk have told me a pack of lies and I'm interested to hear the views of others on this forum.

Thanks,

David.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David

Just to confirm, did you want to have 2 TV boxes in the house? (like our multi room service) Using TalkTalk TV Multiroom

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Debbie,

No, I don't  believe I want multi-room.

I am not interested in watching non Freeview channels on different boxes. I simply want to record and playback Freeview channels on different boxes.

Hope that helps.

David.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You can have 2 talktalk tv boxes on the one account.  both boxes can receive and record freeview - if connected to an aerial.

You can switch the primary assignment between boxes if you have or add a tv boost so you can watch the tv boost on each box (not at the same time).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE