Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

UKTV Play app not working

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

Has anyone else had any issues with the UKTV Play app not working on Talktalk tv? For days now it won't load, but everything else is working fine as normal. Cannot figure out what the problem is, if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. Many thanks

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Sahface welcome have u tried the other players and have u done a up-date check in the setting area??

what happens or does nothing happen ??

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sahface

Have you tried other players as suggested by hosay299

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer
I've got the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thanks
Judith
Highlighted

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

This will then allow you to download the players again.  See if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Karl,

Thanks SO much. The factory reset with recordings has done the trick. I'll keep the instructions in case of further need.

Kind regards,

Judith

Judith
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Glad this helped.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi.

Since last Tuesday evening (Tuesday 31st March 2020), I have been unable to access the UKTV Player on my You-view Box. It says its loading but then drops back to the previous TV channel. It is a consistent fault and there are no error messages appearing, and no problems with other hubs/players.

We have done all recommended tests/resets etc. We followed online advice and have done two whole factory-resets, but it still has the same fault.

We have tried to contact TalkTalk numerous times, who have tested the line/router but will not answer questions at all.

We have had the box 12 months, but only been connected for approx the past month.

Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Jud K 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can view this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.