Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

UKTV error uktv-03-v003

9 REPLIES 9
Bluesmartie2
Chatterbox

Hi, sorry to post here, but I have tried Youview and UKTV, they have been no help at all. I've two Youview boxes, both are Huawei model DN360T. On one of the boxes, I've just been given, I can't use UKTV play, as when I start a video to watch, an error message comes up citing the error code uktv-03-v003. The people who gave me the box, never used the players, so can't tell me if this has always been the case. Also, I think they were BT... However, since the factory reset, all that's gone. I've contacted UKTV via the email on error, they've been no help. I also can't play things on the ITV player, but no fault comes up, it just say let's fix this, and nothing happens. Spoke to youview, again no help, they told me contact my broadband provider. This is pointless as it's not an issue with my broadband as I say, I've two boxes, and one works fine, as does the app on my phone. 

Things I've tried:

Swapping the boxes over, to make sure the cables are not faulted. The fault followed the problem box.

Factory reset. This temporarily fixed the issue, but the problem returned the next day, after the box had been left overnight. 

Can someone please help. What the hell is error code uktv-03-v003? Surely the point of a code is so u can find the issue easier, I've searched high n low for this code, and nothing returns. 

It's really doing my head in, that I've two identical boxes, and one works, while the other won't.

Please help...

Thanks. 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Bluesmartie2

Have you tried updating the software AND the apps ? YV button > Settings > Software information.

What box is it ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Bluesmartie2
Chatterbox

Thanks for the reply. The box is a Huawei model DN360T, same as the working one. Forgot to mention I had tried updating. Everything is up to date. 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi I don't know then. Did you do the Factory reset from the Main menu? I'd try it again as there are no recordings to lose. Sorry.

Somebody else might have a solution.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Bluesmartie2
Chatterbox

Thanks for trying. Fingers crossed. 

fre55die
Community Star

What happens if you try to play something from the Guide that is catchup? I notice that Medieval Murder Mysteries is showing as a catchup show at the minute on CH 19 Yesterday a UKTV Channel?

Bluesmartie2
Chatterbox

Ok... Tried one programme on UKTV play and one on ITV, via catchup, from the guide. The UKTV play one worked. The ITV one froze, yet I could still hear audio. I stayed on the the ITV player, and got a programme to play. It seems to be select programmes. 

fre55die
Community Star

Just one thought, you now have to register each device for BBC, ITV, More 4, UKTV etc. Have you set up accounts on line for each of these sites ? The UKTV error sounds to me like an app error code possibly a no account found one.

How old is the 360t ?

Bluesmartie2
Chatterbox

All registered. UKTV play won't let you continue without registering  and syncing the device. ITV player is the only one that allows you to continue unregistered, but I've registered anyways, as you can save favourite etc... UKTV play has me signed in, my favourite, profile, etc... All show up. 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Bluesmartie2

On both machines ?? Was that the reason?

I only discovered the UK TV demand whilst checking out your problem !!! I spent 10 mins updating all my boxes and TV's on all the sites following your enquiry !!! PMSL