Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access tv subscription channels IPC6023

17 REPLIES 17
Bob-wood
Participant

I have been unable to access my subscription channels for several days. I can still get Apps And subscriptions via Youview, just not the live channels from number 301 and up.

to date I have...

retuned the channels..ok

run speed check, status check and health checks...all ok

restarted the router...ok

restarted the power links ...ok and tv confirms “ broadband reconnected”

restarted the tv box which is only 2 months old...ok

the error code given is IPC6023

i spent an hour on chat to help desk before the link disappeared without an answer.

Where do I go from here?....?...?

Community Team

Hi

All usual line tests are clear this side, no issues or errors on the line.

This error can have so many different causes, so we need to eliminate the obvious first.

I've an updated router on the way so this part of the hardware can be ruled out.  If a router is starting to fail it may not be passing along the IGMP Data (TV Data) as this is more sensitive, but would still pass along normal internet traffic, so broadband and streaming services such as youtube, BBC Iplayer etc will still work.

Once the router is replaced, test the TV box direct to the router and see if this clears the error. If not then I can arrange an engineer to look at the exchange settings.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bob-wood
Participant

Thank you very much for your prompt action on this.

The router arrived last night and I installed this morning, unfortunately it hasn’t made any difference. I have restarted, box etc and still the same result.

i am still using power links as I don’t have an Ethernet cable long enough to attach directly to the tv. I have ordered one which should be here tomorrow. I will let you know if it makes any difference, but the power links appear to working fine.

Bob-wood
Participant

Extra long Ethernet cable arrived today and connected directly to tv box from router without success. Everything is working fine except live tv channels from 301 upwards.

Bob-wood
Participant

Tonight i decided to do a “status check” via the Talktalk website. I was met with the message that my issue was being worked on, but they needed my help to complete the checks and I should log on to the chat helpline.

2 advisors (who clearly had no idea what my issue was) and 3 HOURS later i have gone through the issue twice, repeated the list of equipment in place by type and make, restarted and reset everything possible, done line checks, speed checks and health checks. Everything comes out ok, everything works ok EXCEPT I still cant view my subscription channels.

They have now decided i need an engineers visit. Wanted to charge me £40 but after I protested decided this would be credited, but I have to wait until 27th.

i wait with anticipation to see what else there is to check in the house?

John_G
Wizz Kid
Most people who have had this problem have had most success sticking with the OCEs here, they'll work through the possibilities and get things working.

As you intimate, it's unlikely the engineer coming to your house will help. Wait and see if an OCE thinks that appointment should be cancelled.

Two ideas which probably won't help, but there's an outside chance they could:

1. If you're on a fibre connection, leave the router off for 30 minutes. This will cause your session to drop and be re-established when you switch back on.

2. Try a maintenance mode reset on the TV box. Details here: https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/5813884/talktalk-huawei-maintenance-mode
Choose the "Internet/USB Recovery, keep recordings" option. Note you will lose scheduled planned recordings but not what you have recorded already.

Unlikely either of those will help frankly so just wait for an OCE good back to you it don't want the faff of going through that.

Good luck!
Bob-wood
Participant

Thanks for the advice.

The router is new and was only installed Saturday so the session was established new then, and I did the tvbox maintenance reset with the chat advisor, and it didn’t work.

the Tvbox is only about 2 months old but I did have to reset it today when it stopped responding to the remote control. Wonder if it could be faulty?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Bob-wood 

You need to turn off and unplug the router for a full 30 minutes to start a new connection, just plugging in a new router will not start a new session.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Bob-wood
Participant

Just tried this...left off for an hour. No success though, back thanks for the tip anyway

72 dudes
Popular Poster

Bob,

I have a very similar issue, no subscription channels available even though I have the Entertainment boost.

I've also switched the router off, re-started the Powerline adaptors and re-started my Youview box.

Same as yourself, my YouView box is only 2 months old and I was sent a new super router in December.

Currenly, no OCE has responded to my post I made on Saturday, so I've hijacked yours!

Please could we have some anwers?

Bob-wood
Participant

Pleased to have you aboard.

please see above and don’t bother trying the Help Chat.

Community Team

Hi @Bob-wood

I've booked out a multicast engineer to go to the exchange and confirm all IPTV settings and circuit ID's are correct.

Please bump this thread tomorrow for an update and I'll follow up with the engineer report.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bob-wood
Participant

Morning Karl

Any news?

Community Team

Hi

Checked the BT engineer report - they are saying they see no issues and all looks ok.  They have just not given any circuit ID's so I can verify they match with our side.  I've just spoken with BT controls and they have emailed the DCOE team to request the confirm the circuit ID for me, so I'm waiting on their reply.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bob-wood
Participant
Bob-wood
Participant

Talktalk engineer just left. He informs me that this is his 6th job today in this area and they are all exactly the same issue. 
He checked all my equipment and could find no problem.
He has tried to escalate the issue further up the chain, but could be 3 to 5 days before I hear anything.

Community Team

Hi Bob-wood,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Bob-wood,

Our Network Team have advised that they have contacted you and they are currently looking into this.

Thanks