would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to cancel TV boost

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
davidw40
Super Duper Contributor

I want to cancel my TV Sports boost, but cannot. This is because the instructions in "Help" are wrong.

I can see the boost listed in my bills, but it does not appear when I go to My Account - My Services - Manage TV Boost - Your Boosts. There is nothing listed, so I can't remove it.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @davidw40

Is this Sky Sports Boost or BT Sport?  If it's BT Sport you'll need to call BT Sport on 0800 783 1401 to cancel.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor
It's Sky Sports Boost.
Gondola
Community Star

...an active boost should be shown under the Manage your TV Boosts - Your Boosts tab so that you can untick and Apply changes.  You may need to disable any Internet browser apps that block pop-ups because there is a pop-up confirmation of removing the Boost. 

Is the Sky Sports Boost shown under the Sports tab as it would be if you weren't subscribing to that Boost?

If self-help TV Boost removal isn't working for you then ask a TalkTalk agent via LiveChat or Messenger on the MyTalkTalk mobile app (8am to 10pm), or call Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 free from your TalkTalk phone (8am to 8pm) and any agent will be able to carry out a removal of the TV Boost for you. It'll be gone within 48 hours.

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks for your suggestions, Gondola.

If I go to Manage your TV Boosts and click on any of the tabs, Offers, Entertainment, Sport etc, all I get is an empty area with no boost listed. The same occurs with the Your Boosts tab.

I have now allowed pop-ups for Myaccount.talktalk.co.uk and restarted my browser (Firefox Quantum 63.0.3) but it has made no difference.

Could my cookies settings have any effect?

PS I know the boost is working as I was watching the last F1 Grand Prix on channel 407.
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

...OK, we've seen that particular issue before.  It's an ad-blocker issue.

If you have an ad-blocker running, for example, uBlock Origin or similar, the blocker thinks the offers are advertising and blocks them.

Disable the ad-blocker for MyAccount and that should get the tabs to show.

Or try a different browser that does not have any blockers active and you'll be ok.

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks, Gondola.

I have Adblock Plus so I turned it off for talktalk and everything worked correctly. The Boost has now been removed - after Microsoft style "are you sure" style messages.
Gondola
Community Star

Nice one. Yes, there's usually an "are you sure" confirmation, sometimes with a new offer. 

Great to see you got the job done.