would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to connect using the TalkTalk TV app

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Chairman
Conversation Starter

Hi - I'm currently unable to connect using the TalkTalk TV app. In the past, the app would connect immediately without the need to provide my credentials. Now it prompts me to either 'Quick Sign In' or enter my email address and password. Neither method is successful.

I have a working TalkTalk TV box which is connected to my TT router. I know that my email address and password are correct as I can still login to TalkTalk My Account using a browser. I'm using Android Oreo. I have also tried deleting the app's cache storage - same symptoms.

Many thanks

Community Team

Hi

Have you tried uninstalling the app, download again from the app store to make sure the latest version is installed and then relaunch the app and see if this lets you in.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Chairman
Conversation Starter

Thank you for your reply Karl. I have been doing my own investigating and I can tell you a bit more about the problem now.

Not only does the app not login, but if I use the browser and go to talktalktv.co.uk and try to login, that also fails. However, I can login successfully on talktalk.co.uk / My Account.

So I then went to YouView / More TV on my television. That also prompted me to login and that also failed. It returned the error message Something went wrong TTG-216

So the problem is not with the app and seems to be related to my TT account when used on TT TV.

Chairman
Conversation Starter

Just noticed that you fixed a similar problem here Karl.

Community Team

Hi

If it's not working on the TV box, that's a different issue altogether, I know what the issue is, I'll raise this to my TV colleagues to get the database updated with the correct network references.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Chairman
Conversation Starter

All seems to be resolved now (incl TV Box). Many thanks for your help Karl. 

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl