Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unreliable Talk Talk TV box especially when recording

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Chatterbox

The box frequently freezes and nothing works apart from switching the whole thing off and re-booting. It also skips, the picture breaks up, the sound goes and the box has recently started turning off recordings a few minutes before the programme has ended!

It feels like it has just 'done it's time' and needs replacing. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and see if there is any performance improvement.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks Karl. I'll try that tonight, but I'm not hopeful. It's started to refuse to turn on now and we have to re-start everytime we want to watch TV. Infuriating!
Vicki
Highlighted

Hi Vicki

Did the reset help or is the issue still ongoing.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi Karl

Thanks. It is a bit better, but the picture is still breaking up intermittently. We'll see how it goes.
Thanks
Vicki
Highlighted

Hi

OK, see how it goes.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good Morning

The TV box is now not recognising the internet connection. I have tried googling the error code that comes up and following the recommended steps of turning off the router and resetting etc etc but no luck.

The internet is fine and we have all the lights on the router except for the TV one.

Please advise - it feels like the box has been on its way out for a while now and has finally 'given up'!

Thanks
Vicki

Highlighted

Hi Vicki

Add your home phone number to your Community Profile and I can get the box replaced for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Many thanks Karl, that would be much appreciated.

I think I have now done that.
Vicki
Highlighted

Hi Vicki

Replacement box on the way.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Chatterbox
Fantastic news, thank you. Hopefully now my husband will stop complaining!

Vicki
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Happy to help.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips