Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

'Upgraded' you view box

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Visitor

Like many others I have received unexpectedly a new  upgraded 'youview' box which does not record. I have been a customer for over 5 years paying for the record facility. Please can you replace this box with the Talk Talk plus box. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You have received the correct box, the Lite box.

You do not have the TV charge applied or use any TV boosts.

The box was sent for free. If recording functionality is important, you can still use your existing box for recordings. If not wishing to use the new Lite Box as your main box, you can use this in another room or pass it to a family member if not required.

The Lite box will receive future updates and does support the later Amazon Prime and Now TV apps.

If a plus box is required, this can be purchased via our customer service teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Visitor

Can you tell me when I was informed that I was no longer paying to record programmes? Copy of the email changing my contract would suffice.  It is interesting how many people seem to be having this problem. As a company there is a lack of communication to many customers. Perhaps you could put out a statement to all customers making your policy clear. One email sent to all Talk Talk customers would not be difficult.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

No customer ever pays to record programs.

TV boosts are added or removed by a customer on a monthly commitment, boosts such as entertainment or Sky movies etc.  You do not subscribe to any of the TV boosts.

The TV charge was introduced in 2019 to encompass all of TalkTalk TV services.  At some point you will have contacted talktalk either then or at contract renewal asking for the TV charge to be removed. This would then remove access to the associated services.

If you would like a Plus TV box with recording features, you can purchase one directly by contact our customer service teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE