would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Various You View issues

ANSWERED
desthemoaner
Team Player

Thanks for that.

The router is permanently powered up unless we go away for any length of time. The TT box is turned off at night and whenever we're out. Whilst I understand the stresses it might put on the box by doing turning it on and off regularly, I prefer to disconnect it when not in use for reasons of fire safety.

However, I'll bear your advice in mind and ensure the box is left on standby wherever possible.  

fre55die
Community Star
Solution

Hi @desthemoaner

OK that is your choice, No problems but, as I said though, any box updates usually happen overnight.

Hopefully the new router will solve the problems EH !!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
desthemoaner
Team Player

Thanks again.

I'm sure I can get into the habit of leaving the box on overnight, but being someone with a risk averse attitude to electricity I won't go so far as to leave it on when we go out.

Hopefully yes, the new router will enable us to get back to enjoying YouView without further hassle. 

desthemoaner
Team Player

New router arrived yesterday, all set up.

The remote control problem hasn't occured since the reset, so I think thats sorted. I also think the quality of the picture has improved slightly, and we haven't had the fresh issue of the blank screen showing channel numbers and nothing else since the middle of last week. So I think I can now mark this as Best Answer. 

Many thanks again. Cool face

desthemoaner
Team Player

Unfortunately, my relief was premature.

The box and TV have been on standby for the past couple of hours, and I switched them on about 10 minutes ago. As was the case immediately after the maintenance reset,  the result was a blank screen on all channels with just the channel number in the bottom corner. The programme guide worked, insofar as allowing you to scroll through the choices,  but channel selection was not enabled. 

I turned the box off using the button at the back, then powered on by the same method and now the box and TV are working OK.

I need further help, please. loud crying face

Community Team

Hi

OK, next option is to swap out the box and see if it is failing.

Replacement on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

desthemoaner
Team Player

Many thanks for your quick response, Karl. Looking forward to getting the new box set up. 

One question: I assume that recordings are stored on a hard drive in the box, so they'll no longer be accessible if the box is replaced.

Is there any way of transferring them from the old to the new unit? 

Community Team

Hi

At present there is no option to transfer recordings.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

desthemoaner
Team Player

New box received today and set up, many thanks. I'll put the old equipment in the post for return tomorrow. 

Just one issue...although the new remote has been synchronised with our TV, the TV power on/off (top left) button on the remote doesn't work.

With the original YouView remote you turned the TV on or off using two presses of the power button. With this new remote I've tried one press, two presses, holding the button....nothing.

We still have the old Toshiba TV remote which we can use to turn the TV on and off, but we've kind of got used to having one remote that does everything. 

Any suggestions welcome. 

Community Team

Hi

You can keep hold of the old remote if that helps :)

Thanks

Karl. 

desthemoaner
Team Player

Would that be OK?

The info that came with the new box seems to suggest that I'll be charged if I don't return everything that came with the old box, including the remote. 

Community Team

Hi

That will be ok, Just send the box back.

Karl.

desthemoaner
Team Player

Box has been returned.

Just to confirm that so far we've had no problems since installing the new box, so it would appear that our original unit had developed a fault. 

Many thanks for all your help. 

Community Team

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Glad the new box has helped.

Karl