would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very poor sound levels from You-view box

6 REPLIES 6
Bridman
Conversation Starter

Hi

I really am struggling with sound output from my you-view box ie. free view via aerial connection is usualy about 24 wheres via the you-view box its about 85 (aafter about 55 sound level appears to max out). Is this the norm or is there some solution to the problem?

I have tried changing HDMI cables but this has limited if any impact.

Community Team

Hi

Have you checked the youview box is at full volume.  By default they are usually set about 50%.

If you have changed the youview remote to control the TV volume you may have to reset this to increase the volume of the youview box.

Thanks

Karl. 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Bridman

A quick painless way to maximise the volume without unpairing and repairing is Blue button > Settings > Picture and Sound and set HDMI sound to surround and it will maximise the volume on box. Then reset back to stereo. Far easier than unpairing and pairing.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Bridman
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

How do I check and increase the volume on my you view box?

Community Team

Hi Bridman

did you try the advice from Ffre55die ?  Did you change the sound setting and switch it back ?

Karl.

Bridman
Conversation Starter

Morning

Yes I changed the sound setting etc and yes surround sound puts the vol to 100% but when its switched back to stereo it goes back to original and therefore does not change the vol output from the box permanently?

Community Team

Hi

Hold down buttons 1 & 6 for 3 seconds.  The red light should flash.

Enter code 981.

The led should flash twice to confirm the remote is reset.

Change the volume of the youview bx to 100%

You can then re-enter the code in the remote for your TV.

Thanks

Karl.