Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Waiting for replacement TV Box

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant

Hi, 

On 18th December I had an online chat with Nontokozo from Technical Support, This was my second online chat with support, the first with Siyanda lasted about 40 minutes before they cut me off.

I contacted them to tell them that the TV Box I had received to replace my older TalkTalk Box was faulty.

I got the new box because I was sent an email telling me my older TalkTalk Box was no longer going to receive updates and the new box would also let me access Amazon Prime TV content which I wanted...it would cost me £25 for the new box which I was happy to pay.

I received the new box on 18th December.

When i plugged it in it wouldn't connect to the internet, I tried it with a direct connection to the router and via the wall adaptors I have, on neither occassion would it connect.

I plugged my old box back in and it connected fine

There is no issue with my connection or TV service or Internet, it was simply the new box that couldn't connect

I contacted customer service via the online chat and after the two conversations and almost 2 hours of contact I finally managed to get the Rep to agree the box was faulty and was told a replacement would be sent out and be with me in '1-2 days'

It is now the 30th, 12 days later and no box has been received.

I kept the transcript of the online chat which clearly states the Rep would organise a new box to be sent.

Could someone look into this for me and tell me what I am to do to get the box, the faulty one is still here awaiting to be returned, I assume I will be charged the £25 on my next bill

Please advise how I can fix this 

Daphne

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Daphne

So sorry to hear this, I will get this sorted out for you.

I've placed an order for the box myself.  This will normally be with you in 24hrs, however as tomorrow is New Year, it may be the next day.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Participant

@OCE_Karl   Many thanks for sorting this for me, new box arrived today and is working great, will return the faulty box via the envelope enclosed tomorrow. Excellent service thank you. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES