cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

What is included in the £4 a month Talktalk TV charge?

5 REPLIES 5
Tykep
Participant

As above, what do I get for this £4 a month? If I only want to watch freeview channels or subscription services I pay for separately do I need to pay this?

ferguson
Community Star

Not really, in my opinion. The TV box does give you access to a variety of subscription services, but if you have access to these already via other means then it probably isn't worth it.

TalkTalk are due to revamp their TV service at some point in the near future so it may be worth keeping an eye out for developments. 

Tykep
Participant

Thanks for replying. Just to clarify, I use my Talktalk box to access Amazon Prime, Netflix and Now TV. If I don't pay the £4 would I not be able to do that? Would the box stop working? Apologies if that seems a daft question! 

ferguson
Community Star

No, you don't need to pay the fee for that. But it does I believe cover you for any faults with the box. Is it the recording type?

Tykep
Participant

Yes it is and I do make a lot of use of that function. I think the box works well for what I want but I'm wondering if it wouldn't still work that way if I didn't pay the monthly charge 

ferguson
Community Star

OK, in that case my advice would be different. TalkTalk are no longer issuing those boxes to new customers, but you would be covered in the event of any faults as long as you continue to pay the fee. It might be worth a quick call, or Live chat with the loyalty team to see if they can offer you a discount?