Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Winterhill re-tune fiasco.

2 REPLIES 2
Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor

I don't know where to turn since this dratted re-tune began today.

My YV Box died last night at 00:30 ...as expected due to the impending re-tune event today.

♪ Morning has broken ♪

...and as expected, I was disappointed with the result!

We were told yesterday that we would need to re-tune today and that we would be reminded.

That reminder failed to appear as did any TV channels, I was only told (by the settings tab) that I had Zero signal and it's quality was also (unsurprisingly) Zero.

Given the electrical events overnight, I did go outside and check that I was indeed connected to an Ariel, and not a solidified lump of smelted aluminium!

I performed a re-tune on both my YV Box, and my TV Tuner, both of which "found" 106 TV channels, in place of the 206 which existed until 00:30 today.

I have done a "Full" retune of my TV Tuner which took almost 50 minutes and still only managed to find 106 channels.

Amongst this dross, I seem to have just five HD channels now:-

106...BBC4

107...BBC News

112...QVC Beauty

114...Quest

205 Cbeebies

As expected, Freeview/YouView are quivering behind their shield saying "We are currently experiencing high call volumes"

Really? ...you do surprise me!

Such total lack of forward planning for this event should really have prepared you for the deluge of calls from irate consumers with nothing to consume!

Is anyone at Talktalk better prepared?

Do you have any information?

Advice?

Will we get our HD Channels back today??

Not at all impressed with YouView or Freeview.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I've answered your other thread 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Karl  😁