Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YOUVIEW box not working at all

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Tonino
Participant

I have not used the Youview box since the original was posted to me many years ago. The reason i did not use it was simple my TV Ariel was not  powerful enough and i used SKY anyway. I have recently upgraded the TV Ariel to the latest specification and when fired up i find out the Youview box that has sat gathering dust is toast and not working. I wanted to talk to a representative and not air my laundry on a forum but it appears contacting TalkTalk is like trying to meet the Queen. So any idea how to get a new box or better still live chat?

fr8ys
Community Star

Hi,

You say it's toast, but if you have never plugged it in, it is possibly running old software and may take some time to update to the next generation software.

how long have you left it running? What screen is it getting stuck on?

can you confirm if it's a DN 370 or 372T box please as this may also have a bearing.

Notwithstanding the above, you are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Tonino
Participant

Thanks for your reply, what happened to the live chat, i am not happy to post on her like facebook, do you have link for that because you go round in circles on here. 

fr8ys
Community Star

@Tonino you will get a better response on here if you complete your profile and confirm any questions asked. This forum is not like facebook, but is a forum set up to resolve issues.

asking you to complete your profile is so TalkTalk staff can trace your account.

only they can see the info you complete.

if you really want to chat online, there is a link on this page.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/articles/our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Tonino
Participant

Thanks for your reply fr8ys it is appreciated. I've updated my profile and not heard anything from talk talk. I've left the box to update its not working, it has the Ariel attached and even though my new smart TVS freeview has a spot on signal this stupid box with the same lead says weak signal. The ethernet cable is also coming up no internet yet everything else from the latest talk talk router i have works. The youview tv box is not fit for purpose but then it is the very first model that came out all those years ago and was never used in all those years. So talktalk if your reading this contact me please, i think i need a the latest youview box.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi Tonino

a TV Box is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE