cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

You Box fails to respond to remote and TT delete instruction to send a new box out ?

3 REPLIES
NorfolkandTV
Sightseer

I have this exact same problem. I rang the phone helpline and went through 45 minutes of diagnostics. I was told a new box would be sent out, the one I have being over 5 years old. Nothing happened, no delivery within 3 days as stated. Another phone call and I was told the order had been cancelled for no good reason. I have just tried a factory reset with recordings saved and while the navigation is quicker the normal TV guide has frozen and none of the apps or players work. Tell me Talk Talk what have I got to do to get you to actually provide me with the service I am paying for? Should I go with an alternative provider who is willing to pay out my contract with you. Answer me why you have cancelled my replacement Youview box when that wold appear to be what I need? I would be happy if the existing worked but it doesnt. I have upgraded my router with you and renewed my contract after your promise of a new box. But still I have no TV - what is going on? 

Give me what I am paying for
Community Team

Hi

I can see the box order on the account.  This was placed incorrectly as the wrong item so was auto cancelled by the system.  I will get the correct order placed now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

NorfolkandTV
Sightseer

Karl - thank you for your swift reply and for taking the necesary action. I belive a DHL courier has tried to deliver a new box today. I notice on this community that your name appears a lot in resolving issues effectively and I will most definitley be returning to this community again for service and other issues. 

Give me what I am paying for
Community Team

Hi

We are only a small team, but we have all been here over 10 years, so this gives us a unique perspective as well as lots of experience at resolving issues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial