Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

You View + fault

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My youview+ box suddenly showed no tv output signal. I plugged aerial direct to TV and picture was fine.

Has anyone experienced this fault?

Drew
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,

check all your connections including trying a different HDMI cable if possible.

try retuning the box, first with the aerial disconnected to lead the memory and then with it back in, unless from what you say you can't even see the settings screen.

if the does not work,

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. Alternatively, you can turn off from the back and power back on.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the OCE look at other alternatives.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks fr8ys for reply.

Before trying your suggestions this morning , I switched on box and got into settings and checked software version and found online that there were a couple of recent updates so did this and the box now seems to be working normally. Hopefully it will keep on doing this. However if I have more problems I will try your suggestions. Thanks again.

Drew
Highlighted
Chatterbox
Also meant to say I did a retune as well as system update.
Drew
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Glad to hear this is working normally now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE