would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView Plus Recording Failures

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi,

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting various recording problems including, "Failed to record", "Partially recorded", very short recordings (a few seconds), just black screen recordings, and previously good recordings turning into just black screen.

All very similar to the problems reported here, a thread that I've added my own recent experiences to.  I am now, as per the suggestion of @fre55die, opening my own thread on it.

I tried first a maintenance reset keeping recordings, but that didn't result in the previously good recordings becoming good again. and the recording problems continued, so I then did a maintenance reset deleting recordings, but the recording problems have still continued since.

I have also, as I had a spare one, changed the router (just in case) but that hasn't helped.

There's no other problems and I have a good signal, never any pixellation or drop outs.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mc2tt

I've a replacement box on the way to you to see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Box arrived today, thanks, and I've decided to run both my existing one and the new one together for a while, before returning one ... and lo and behold, Channel 4 News (on 4, SD), one of the programmes I've regularly had problems with, "Failed to record" on both boxes this evening.

Highlighted

Hi

Whats the signal strength showing for Channel 4 ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chat Champion
91%

I'm just a mile from Crystal Palace and have a direct line of sight to the transmitter. I have no reception issues.

All recordings were working fine up until about four weeks ago....
Highlighted

Hi

The recordings rely on a trigger from the broadcaster to signal the start of a program.  If the same recording is failing on both boxes it could be related to this.  Habe you tested setting any other recordings for other channels ?

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Yes, many, and I've been reporting some of them in the thread I linked to in my topic post of this thread, to try and figure out if there's any commonality with other people.

It's not conclusive (either way) so far, with some cases of shared failed recordings and other cases of "worked for me".

What I am noticing, in that thread and it seems several other recent ones, is people reporting recording failures but it working ok on other boxes (Humax, Panasonic), and that, like for me, that's started fairly recently.

I don't know when my box picked up 72.48.81 / 3.6.138 but I'm beginning to suspect that there's a bug in that version (and maybe before) that only exhibits itself under certain conditions for some people.

My two boxes are set up identically, both in settings and record lists, at the moment.  I'll leave them that way for a few days, and then try changing some things around on one, and report back if that reveals anything....

Highlighted

Hi

OK, I'll also feed this back to our devices teams.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi

I have been experiencing exactly the same issues for around 4 weeks, my replacement box (arrived a week ago) is doing the same. I am line of sight to Dover transmitter and my Panasonic and Toshiba boxes both continue to work perfectly.

There has to be some new issue with these boxes, software update??

Kind regards

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

OK, it does look like a lot of people are experiencing the same issues and starting around 4 weeks ago.

I really hope this can be resolved as the ability to record is the only advantage of the Plus box.

Kind regards

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

@novelty  yes, I'd spotted your reports.  Hi.  🙂

@OCE_Karl  as I suspect that most posters, unlike Chris & I, don't read others' posts but just follow their own, would it be considered rude and/or against forum rules for me to contact those posters that appear to be having the same problems to invite them to all join in a single thread on the matter, to consolidate experiences and reports?   (Assuming I can find the time and inclination...!)