Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView box freezes and recording issues

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Taegodog
Sightseer

Hi. When trying to watch a program on ITV hub and All4, after a mere 3 to 4 minutes playing the box freezes and have reboot the box. I can then open the app again to the point of resuming the program, the app will then crash and the box will freeze, so have to reboot again. So no possibility of watching the program.

I have Two recording issues, firstly it will only record part of a program, last night it only recorded eleven minutes of a thirty minute program, the missing 19 minutes being the middle of the show.

The other recording issue being it remains in recording mode after program has finished, the box is unresponsive, so have to reboot to get out of it.. the particular recording has of course failed.

With play back of recordings it either freezes after a few minutes, another reboot, or plays a few minutes then skips the whole recording up to the very end, so unable to watch the program.

Factory resets have no effect and also smart start up does not work so have wait five minutes every time I switch on. 

fr8ys
Community Star

As you have carried out a factory reset, there is nothing left to try.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Gingerred
Sightseer

Same problem even after reset. Freeze guide. Non respose. Recordings blank. Says 10 minuts and "Recording Ended". Understandly Scheduel is clear but soetime the list of recording or watchlist comes and goes.

Gingerred
fr8ys
Community Star

@Gingerred Hi,
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Taegodog

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like me to send a replacement TV box for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

Taegodog
Sightseer

Yes please, a replacement box would be good.

Many thanks

OCE_Debbie
Solution

Hi Taegodog

The TV box is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Taegodog
Sightseer

HI,

The replacement box arrived on Friday, I installed it over the weekend and I am pleased to say it is all working as expected with no problems at all.

Thank you for the quick turn around dispatching the replacement box.

Best regards.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Taegodog

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

TheresaA
Participant

seeing your post and would just like to know if you did in fact receive a recordable tv box, as l have an issue of not getting a recordable box sent to replace my recordable box please much appreciated

Mrs T Dickinson