cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView box is forever crashing and needing to be reset!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Gamecat
Participant

Hi there,

can someone please help? I have had the problem of the YouView box crashing in the middle of watching live telly. Sometimes it happens when we’re recording something, and sometimes it happens when we don’t. The screen suddenly goes black and it’s impossible to change channel or do anything with the box. Sometimes we can get the guide up (using the button on the remote), but when we select a new channel it doesn’t change over. After a while the whole response time from remote to box takes longer and longer (sometimes five full minutes). I have to do a factory reset every time, which solves the problem for a day and then it happens again.

what is going on? And how can I override this unresponsiveness? 

Kind regards

Derek. 

Community Team

Hi Derek

I'll get the box swapped out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Gamecat
Participant

Thanks Karl. Hope it helps 😃

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Should arrive in a day or two.  Let me know if there are any issues after this arrives.

Karl 

Gamecat
Participant

Thanks Karl.

The box arrived the other day, but unfortunately we're working our way through what's been recorded on the old box, before I set up the new one and send the old one back.

I believe there is no way of transferring the recorded programmes onto a memory stick to watch another time, so we're having to clear the planner first 😞

Thanks again for your help 🙂

Community Team

Hi,

yeah, no way to transfer recordings currently.  This is something our teams are looking at in the future.

Thanks

Karl.