cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

YouView box keeps losing internet connection

23 REPLIES
pipster1
Participant

Hello Karl, 

I started the topic https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/YouView-box-keeps-losing-internet-connection/m-p/210... with the same name but I can't post a reply any more, so I've started this new topic.

The YouView box has been mostly OK, but dropped the internet connection on Sunday, requiring a router reboot.  Everything else was connected normally.  Since then it's again stayed connected, but I'm not convinced the problem is fixed. 

I didn't reply on the previous topic until there had been enough time to see if the fix worked.  But this seemed to result in me being locked out.  What's the best way to keep the topic alive?  Also, any thoughts on the connection having been dropped?

Thanks so much for your help!  I do appreciate it!

Community Team

Hi pipster1,

I can't see any reason for the drop in connection, I would just see how it goes.

Regarding keeping the thread alive, there shouldn't be any problems posting on the other thread - what happens when your try to post?

Chris

pipster1
Participant

Hello Chris, thanks for replying.

I've just checked and the YouView box has disconnected from the internet again!  I'll reboot the router... again...  Please help!

At the bottom of each post in my original thread, there's just a 'best answer' button (no 'reply') and the 'reply' button at the top of the thread is greyed out.

Thanks for your help!  

Pippa

BigHairyBear
Popular Poster

I have a similar problem in that YouView freezes around 10.00pm on an almost daily basis, necessitating a router reboot to "unfreeze" it.

I have just had to reboot the Huawei HG633 router again (at 01.00pm). Internet is stable, as is telephone line.

The other half is less than amused!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @BigHairyBear

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately. Please also ensure that your Community Profile includes your home phone number so that OCE can trace your account. ( click on your Avatar to open your info and scroll to bottom and click save when done )

Thanks

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
pipster1
Participant

Any response to this?  Today the YouView box as stayed connected but the internet connection itself is unreliable.  Has something been changed in my router?

Community Team

Hi

Your router has been updated to the later firmware v1.22.1t to improve stability.  

I am showing there were some errors on your line yesterday, but currently these have stopped. 

Line has been in sync now for 17 hrs.

Thanks

Karl. 

pipster1
Participant

Hello Karl

Thanks for letting me know - is that the update you applied on 20th?  

As the YouView box has already disconnected twice since then, and we had a lot of instability a couple of days ago, it doesn't seem like the problem has gone away.  Please help!

Thanks!

Pippa

pipster1
Participant

Update - disconnected yet again.

Community Team

Hi

A new router model is on the way for testing.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl.  

pipster1
Participant

Sounds good!  To clarify, are you sending a new router to me or are you getting a new model to test at your end?

Community Team

Hi 

A new router is on the way to you :)

Thanks

Karl. 

pipster1
Participant

Thanks so much, Karl - it arrived yesterday and so far has been working without any problems!  

Please don't close this thread and I'll update over the next couple of weeks.  

Thanks so much for your help! 

Pippa

Community Team

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Test for a week and let me know if there are any issues.

Karl 

pipster1
Participant

Thanks so much for your help with this, Karl.  So far we’ve had some times where we haven’t been able to connect to the internet, but the YouView box hasn’t disconnected from the router.  I’m not sure whether the connection problems have been due to the router - is it something you can see from you end?

Pippa

Community Team

Hi pipster1

I'm not seeing any drops from here, the currnt stats show a good connection : 

Time in Sync                              3 Day(s) 13 Hour(s) 31 Min(s) 37 Sec(s)

Downstream Rate                      10239 kb/s

Upstream Rate                           984 kb/s

Downstream                               SNR6 dB

Upstream                                   SNR7 dB

Downstream Attenuation           43 dB

Upstream Attenuation                20.1 dB

Thanks

Karl. 

pipster1
Participant

tHello Karl

Glad you’re not seeing any drops but this afternoon and evening the connection has been terrible.  Is it more likely to be a router problem or something else?

Pippa

Community Team

Hi

I've looked at the line history and can see some errors and fluctuations in the snr.  Our DLM system has picked these up also and changed the profile around 1:30 this morning to increase the snr to improve stability and reduce the error count.

Thanks

Karl. 

pipster1
Participant

Hello Karl

Thanks - that sounds great!  What are snr and DLM?

Pippa

Community Team

Hi Pippa,

DLM is Dynamic Line Management.  An automated system that monitors your line looking at he signal levels, errors etc, and will make adjustments based on these readings to keep the line stable.

The SNR is the Signal To Noise Ratio. If the signal strength drops too low against the background noise on the line, then this will become unstable and your connection will drop.

Thanks

Karl.