cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView box not booting up.

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

Hello. I seem to be having the same problem as some others here. My Youview box starts to boot up, but then freezes during the "Waking Up" stage and all the lights on the box go dead.

I have tried the various remedies suggested in the "Maintenance mode" but to no effect. The box clearly needs replacing. It's been like this for two weeks now.

Can you help?

Many thanks.

Pete.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

If maintenance reset has not helped, try the full factory reset from the settings menu.

This will clear the hard drive and set up the box from scratch.

See if this works.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

OK I did the full factory reset and it did the trick. I lost all my recordings, but c'est la vie. With the state of the world at the moment it's the least of my worries.

Thanks very much for your help, Karl.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES