Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView box slow to respond to remote and recordings becoming blocky

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My you view box (Aug 2016 vintage was replaced once already due to failure to record - tech call online check proved the issue) has been getting progressively slower to respond to the remote. If family members keep pressing the command button, as it doesn't respond, and the the box eventually locks up and requires a power down reset.

So, I set the box to beep on command, and low and behold it beeps, registering the request, but does nothing usually for up to 10 or so seconds and sometimes nothing at all, usually at the end of watching a recording. So the beep tells me the youview box remote receiver has registered the request, but the box computer has not or is very tardy in doing the request.

The disk is only 8 % full so its not that it has to search for the request, even requesting stop or pause is the same.

I have tried the reset that doesn't delete the recorded content. I loathed as yet to do a full factory reset due to the recordings we have yet to watch. The s/w is up to date too. Is there a problem the recorders hard drive, does that cause these issues?

I'm not sure what I paying the £4 extra per month, for talk talk special  features or is it the for the TV plus box. If its the box rental (for the ability to record TV etc)  after the initial two yr contract term then I want replacement box as it is obviously faulty.

Your advice would be appreciated.

regards arwV8

AR Walker
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue For a response.

For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Wow, that was a quick response.

Thanks OCE_Karl.

Just for info, it locked up again Friday night, so did the factory reset on Saturday, lost everything (as it said it would), but after the hour or so to set it all up again, it behaved the same, so reckon the hard-drive is the culprit. I started researching hard drives, but looks like I won't need to take that risk.

Will advise when the new one is installed and running.

Thanks again

Kindest Regards

Andy

AR Walker
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Karl, Box arrived and works as it should. No delay and tested doing a recording and its almost instant.

I am returning the faulty box in the pre-paid bag as requested.

I would note that in the package received there was just the box and the TV aerial. no PSU or remote. As the other stuff still worked when I connected it all up, that's fine, I noticed from the Video that runs when configuring the box, that the remote control is now different from the one I had supplied with the original box. It seems to work the same(not checked everything yet)  but some buttons are in slightly different places and labelled differently. eg there is a 'youview' and a 'talk talk' button rather than menu and the other one (see attached picture).

Thanks again for the quick resolution

Kindest regards

Andy

AR Walker
Highlighted
Community Star

@arwV8 replacement boxes do not include the remote and you only need to return the box.

Your remote will control all functions you are used too.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted

Hi arwV8

Glad the box is working for you. As fr8ys mentions, the existing remote will work with the new box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks everyone. Family happy again and the remote works fine.

Kindest Regards

Andy

AR Walker
Highlighted

Hi Andy

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie